Violent car accident when I was 16

A sand truck crossed the highway in from of me and I slammed into it, unable to stop or veer off the road. He didn’t see me coming. I never vented about it.

I flipped my car and totaled it when I was 16. Don’t remember any of it. Concussion and a broken jaw.

I hope you were okay.

My dad was in an accident as a teen and split his head open. He’s got a scar on his forehead but he’s fine.

I was too cool. Small gash on my knee, a bruise on my lip and upset and told not to be upset. So I suppressed the upset. It totaled the car. The truck didn’t have a scratch on it. The officer commented that he’d taken dead people out of cars less wrecked than mine. I remained unimpressed.

1 Like

Thats a miracle.

1 Like

I’ve been in so many serious andnot so serious car accidents, usually my fault, that I can’t even count them all or recall them. In 2015 alone I had a total of five car accidents that year plus an arrest for bad driving and two traffic citations. That’s when I said enough. I don’t drive anymore.

You are wise to realize that driving is something you just can’t do.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.