Two weeks for locking lounge topics is really too short

It should be a month at least, but the best solution is not to lock them at all or to lock them after a few months or a whole year.

1 Like

I’d like to see the posts in Unusual Beliefs lock after 30 seconds.

9 Likes

Hahahah good point

:joy: 15155151515

We set it to two weeks because tons of people got upset at having old topics commented on after they were no longer relevant to them. This cuts down on the number of people asking us to close the thread after being unpleasantly reminded of something they’d rather forget.

3 Likes

if it were longer than two weeks I wouldn’t post much. I think two weeks is kind of long. sometimes I feel like I post too much and I try to wait till all my old threads close before I start some more.

wut

I have no idea what you just said… :face_with_monocle:

@kuckuckuc
Close threads automatically. People complain less. Complain less good. People happy.
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Who complains? I’m right now complaining that ALL my dear topics are closed.
I demand you unlock them. Can you do that for me? I can send you topics that i want to write in.

Not if you demand it, no. :confused: That’s not very nice.

Kittens and cakes are nice.

1 Like

Kittens and cakes are nice indeed, why you are not nice?

Because we are human beings volunteering our time to help everyone here, and we don’t like being treated as servants.

3 Likes

Where’s my sandwich? I ask for it about three minutes ago… I’m PISSED

3 Likes

I am moderator of a big serbian portal, please don’t beg me for sympathy. What now? People will say oooh how good person you are but we both know moderating is peace of cake… blah…

1. there is a problem with lounge topics
  2. topics are too much chatty and trolly
  3. short duration of topics makes everything less serious
  4. there’s no long and deep discussions
  5. topics with the same theme are popping all day long
  6. your decisions are arbitrary of course but they are also creating all of this confusion
  7. You need to change your decision about 14 days
  8. I am complaining too!

Keep being a dick and I’m going to give you a break. We don’t ask much of you. We ask you to behave like a reasonable person. I’m sorry for you if that is more than you’re capable of.

The “problems” you’re describing are actually the purpose of the category. We made the category so everyone would have a place for unserious banter about things unrelated to sz, and to keep such topics out of the other categories. So, really, the problem here is that you’ve completely misunderstood the purpose of the category and are being a presumptuous know-it-all.

PS: I’m serious about that ban.

2 Likes

That’s a wrong way to talk to me.

I’m sorry but I DO know more than you and you are wrong about 14 days rule.

Once you start taking your moderating seriously, you should take a break then,

@kuckuckuc Three weeks. Do it again when you come back and I’m giving you three months. I have no patience left for this kind of behavior, not from you or anyone else. Learn to be nice or get out.

6 Likes