Trilafon : I am starting 16 mg of Trillion tonight. Is anyone on this typical antipsychotic? Any results with stopping Auditory Hallucinations? Any side effects?

Hi everyone,
I am on 600 mg of Seroquel. But my auditory hallucinations have not stopped. They have gotten better… I only have a couple of hours a day with the voices. My psychiatrist is starting me on the typical antipsychotic Trilafon. I am hopeful and nervous about it. So many potential side effects… but then I want the voices to stop. I had only one voice breaking though…but over the months, it turned into multiple voices. I have been on Seroquel for 6 months. Could anyone tell me of their experience with this medicine? I am 17 years old and have had social anxiety…which led to depression and sleep paralysis… then came the auditory hallucinations. Any real bad side effects I should look out for? I will be starting 16 mg tonight.
Thank you all & Blessings xoxoxo Rosie

1 Like

Hello, I have tried trilafon, but it was the first medicine I tried for schizophrenia, so I don’t remember much of the side effects if I had any. I don’t remember any side effects, and my dose might have been lower than yours because I was only 11 at the time, but I just remember it didn’t work very well for me. It might work for you though, different medicines work with different people. Good luck to you.

1 Like

Hello I was on trilafon for about four years and went kaput. All you can do is take it makes notes of what does.

1 Like

I really liked Trilafon; it helped with my psychosis, but left me with a dry mouth.
It also did nothing for my anxiety, though I noticed such with typical antipsychotics.

1 Like

If I remember right @jukebox loves it.

1 Like

Thanks so much, redanne. Yes, I am really hoping that it works for me.

HI roxanna, good idea to take notes of what the meds do. I have a journal of every antipsychotic I’ve been on so far and why I had to go off it. 4 years is a pretty good time for the Trilafon to work. I hope it works for me.

Thanks! I will look at jutebox’s reviews!

@wayward so happy to hear that it helped with the psychosis.

Nope sorry, his ex wife was on it while he is on another typical (fluphenazine)… :frowning:

1 Like

@Jayster is on it.

1 Like

Thanks ! :-))))

Perphenazine made me zombi
8 mg a day
10 years ago
now on fluanxol depot

2 Likes

@moshtaba Yes, I am on 600 mg of Seroquel and in the beginning I felt like sleeping all day and night. Now, I can function. But the auditory hallucinations have not gone away. This is why I started taking 16 mg of Perphenazine last night. So far, I’ve been able to do my chores. I’m going to look up fluanxol depot… Thanks for answering :-))) Have a great day.

1 Like

This med works for a lot of people but, it didn’t do a thing for me. And I was on it for many years. Completely worthless drug for me. Gave me terrible akithesia too.

2 Likes

Seroquel works well for you? I tried that before also, and it made me pass out. When I say pass out I don’t mean sleep, I mean literally faint. I only took it for about two or three months before I had to stop. I think seroquel was the second medicine I tried for schizophrenia actually. Then I think zyprexa, which was the second longest medicine Ive been on and I was on it for about a year and a half to two years. Zyprexa worked great for my symptoms, but had many side effects. I gained over fifty pounds in less than a year on zyprexa. I wouldn’t recommend it. How has trilafon worked for you so far?

2 Likes

Hello, Rosie. Yes, I am on Trilafon.

16 mgs. is a pretty low dosage. I take a lot more than that.

This site has a “Search” feature. Do you think you could use a “Search” feature?

Jayster

3 Likes

How many mgs of perphenazine are you on?

1 Like

Trilafon often goes by the generic name, which is perphenazine.

I was started on 2 mgs of Trilafon 3X a day in 1969. In like 1977 I was taking 16 mgs 4 X a day. Now I am somewhere in between.

Typically I need the most perphenazine in August. Typically, I need the least perphenazine in December. Therefore, I am constantly titrating my dosages up or down.

4 Likes

@redanne I"ve been on 800 mg of Seroquel for 7 months. About 3 months ago … I started to get the auditory hallucinations back. It was only the first week that I was sleeping. Now, it doesn’t make me tired at all… but now I am on 600 mg of Seroquel and 16 mg of Trilafon. All to get rid of the auditory hallucinations. I started off with my own voice telling me to kill myself and then it stopped with the Seroquel. But around 3 months ago… multiple voices came and went… I use coping skills … but I need it to stop. I am on Trilafon now for 4 days and it has stopped the voices completely … I feel good on the Trilafon, actually. I had gained 10 lbs. on the Seroquel and I was so careful of what I ate. Still gained the weight. So , I understand you when you say Zyprexa is a weight gainer. So far, no side effects. I hope and pray that we are all healed of this very odd and almost unbelievable illness.

1 Like