Trilafon : I am starting 16 mg of Trillion tonight. Is anyone on this typical antipsychotic? Any results with stopping Auditory Hallucinations? Any side effects?

@Jayster Hello! Yes, my doctor just started me on it. Nothing else has seemed to work for me. I can use the “Search” Feature. Have you ever developed side effects from it, Jayster? If you did , what did you take to stop them? My doctor said he would reduce the 600 mg of Seroquel each month… it gives me a rash for a few hours…then goes away… then comes back a few days later… I think it is due to the Seroquel or the lowering of the dose. He lowered it 100 mg last month. I’m on 600 mg right now. The 16 mg of Trilafon has got rid of the voices, thank God for that. It’s been a real pain having to try to sing over these derogatory idiotic voices. I would either pray in Latin loud or I sing… then they go away. By the way, how long have you been on Trilafon? What dose is currently working for you? My grandfather is 80 years old and he was diagnosed with schizophrenia back in the early 60’s. He is doing very well and uses very good coping skills. He concentrates on anything… for example… building something, reading, always keeping his earphones in his ears listening to talk shows, walking, tv. etc. He said that it got easier after his 20’s and 30’s… He would not take his meds because of the side effects. He does take xanax and zoloft … my grandmother was a registered nurse and has always helped him. He is very blessed in that.

1 Like

@TheStrange I am currently on 16 mg of Trilafon and it seems to have gotten rid of the voices that were driving me up a wall. They can be so obnoxious and persistant. I never in my wildest dreams would believe that an illness like this could be true. Cheers xx

2 Likes

Yeah this illness is definitely crazy it’s weird that something like this can happen. I’m on 16 mgs of perphenazine too

2 Likes

@TheStrange How long have you been on the 16 mg and are you feeling better?

2 Likes

Since last year in June. I was doing well for months it got rid of so many things but now I’m just going downhill I think.

Do you think you’ll stay at the 16mgs or go higher?

2 Likes

@TheStrange I’m sorry to hear that you’re going downhill. I know how that feels like. I try to stay grounded every minute of the day. It’s like we are warriors… battling the enemy and our most precious weapon is our medicine & that part of our mind that is on our side … pushing us to stay in reality. Well, when i was 15 , I thought that 200 mg of Seroquel would stop it all … but I had flashbacks and started seeing the “shadow man” … I call him “■■■■ head” … He certainly makes his rounds all over the world! I chant in Latin and he disappears. I suppose he hates Latin… plus he is just a hallucination… All of it went away now with the Trilafon… but I still am getting the sleep paralysis and feeling as if the floor is falling. But I know that is anxiety… from what? I have no idea. I think this is genetic in my case because my grandfather has it. He is 80 years old and doing so well. He said it gets so much easier as we get older and wiser. Please stay hopeful … without HOPE we cannot get better. You most likely need a medication boost. That will get you stable and thinking straight. When I start to lose hope, I know that I am not thinking straight and I sort of ride it out… But I make sure that I call my psychiatrist right away. Know that you will be ok and you will be better… this is what my grandfather tells me all the time. So happy that I have him. He’s been through it all. Do you have a psychiatrist that can up your dose? Do you have a support system?

1 Like

Wow I’m very happy for you that the medicine is making things easier…that’s great that you have ur grandfather to relate to and talk with…a support system is so important, and no I actually don’t have really any kind of support system. I don’t have any friends and my mom does not understand a single bit of what I go through and she typically makes things a lot worse. She’s one of those people who refuses to understand…and it’s not like I was just recently diagnosed either so it’s frustrating.

Yeah I probably will need to get my med increased. You sound like ur in a good spot now.

1 Like

@TheStrange Yes, My grandfather makes me realize that what I see is really not there … sort of like my depression psychosis symptoms are creating a fake “creature, person, freaky angel” … It is all very scary … but then he told me to just say “You are Nothing… just a figment of my imagination and I laugh in your face” to that image that I see. And I will not listen to it and never believe what it says. It does work. At least, it works for me… I love laughing in the face of things that are not there. It gives me courage. But, honestly… you will feel so much better with a medication change. I am on 3 meds now. Valium, Seroquel and Trilafon. If I have to up any one of them, I will . The trick is to know that people are very ignorant of what illnesses people have in this world. If they can’t see it… then for them, it does not exist. I have a lot of people like that in my life… I just blow them off. I am praying for you and I know you will recover from this very soon. Remember… Life is so precious and we were created for a purpose… to make this world a better place. Cheers and blessings xx

1 Like

I was on Trilafon for a short amount of time a long time ago. I found it to be pretty mild, for a typical antipsychotic. It weakened me physically, but not nearly as badly as all the other antipsychotics have, including the atypicals. I’ve been on Seroquel for over a decade. I don’t really feel it when I take it, but I didn’t get my Seroquel for five days recently, and I was more nervous than I cared to be. I take 400 mg Seroquel twice a day. Some people say it is too sedating for them, but it doesn’t do that to me.

1 Like

Thank you @Rosie1

I’m very glad what you’re doing is working!!

2 Likes

@crimby I’m the same way. I was up to 800 mg of Seroquel until a few months ago. Now, I am on 600 mg. But it was only the first week that I slept. Then I was up and I actually need a 10mg Valium to help me fall asleep. I am happy to hear that it does not sedate you. You must be really stable and balanced to be able to have handled 5 days without the Seroquel. So far, Trilafon has gotten rid of the positive symptoms… and I am so so happy. I do pray and hope it stays that way. Thanks so much crimby … you encouraged me so much concerning Seroquel. Wishing you happy days xx

My pleasure and thank you for sharing @TheStrange

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.