(Trigger Warning) How old were you when you started using drugs?

I was twelve when I started smoking weed.

These cool guys (teenagers) that worked in a record store I visited a lot were smoking in the mall parking lot.

I was curious, so I tried it.

Started smoking with them every weekend,

Then was smoking almost everyday by 14.

I didn’t drink or experiment with other drugs until I was close to 16.

What about you?

I’m trying to figure out what is normal.

1 Like

I started to use at 12 also. Same age I began to drink before school. Happened as I was prodromal. Trauma precipitated it.

1 Like

I was 18 but it wasn’t considered normal at my high school. Gotta say it lead to addictive tendencies. Trying to catch up with my peers. Right before I graduated hs at 17 almost 18 I had 2 glasses of sangria. Although I didn’t drink again for a year after that. I was smoking weed a month later right around my 18 bday. And every day immediately. It wasn’t until I was arrested and did community service it made me wanna drink. Then smoke tobacco. I say tobacco was the biggest gateway drug for me. Cuz after tobacco I was willing to do anything. Maybe it’d be different for others. But at the time I thought tobacco was really bad, but alcohol not as much. Cuz it’s so socially acceptable. So once I did tobacco I was willing to try lsd and anything and overdo my drinking.

I know who introduced me to weed, who told me I should drink, and who told me psychedelics are Ok to do. I def remember those three events.

I was a confused teen though. Well before the drugs

2 Likes

Around 5 when they were slipped to me to make me more manageable. Got into booze around age 13 and it was love at first sip. Harder stuff quickly followed.

3 Likes

Dear gods!

What were they giving you at 5?

That’s so dangerous, happy you survived that ■■■■.

2 Likes

I started smoking cigarettes and experimented a bit with alchohol at 13. I smoked my first joint and ate mushrooms when I was 16. From 16-20 was party time.

I’ve since quit all of it a long time ago.

1 Like

Fakked if I know. I was forced to wash down pills with what I later learned was beer. Whatever it was sedated heavily.

3 Likes

Wow.

That’s truly shocking.

You had the worst childhood and managed to be an awesome adult.

Really defied the odds, man.

I’m proud.

6 Likes

I keep finding ways in which I was broken and didn’t realize it. I think healing from this kind of thing takes a lifetime and a half. I try to get it right on the big stuff, like not doing this to my own kid.

5 Likes

16, i was a jock, but hung out with stoner friends my age with older stoner siblings who taught them. if it was found out i was smoking on the weekends i would have been kicked off the team haha. now they randomly drug test all the kids who do extra curricular activities, damn kids can’t get away with anything these days.

1 Like

Didn’t have my first alcoholic drink until I was 19. Tried weed at 27 and didn’t care for it. Nothing harder after that.

Have struggled with alcohol use but am taking a med to cut down on cravings.

I hung around choir boys from my teens then those people became my roommates up until !y late 20s.

I was dxed with sza at 23. Tried to keep working for as long as possible though.

Now the only thing that has a hold on me is nicotine usage.

-S

1 Like

I tried weed when I was 15 years old. I tried it 3 times but never got high, thankfully. I would have been hooked I bet, if a got high.(because I was suffering and needed to feel better)

1 Like

I smoked weed when I was 11, but not a lot. I started doing a lot of drugs when I was 15 and also drinking every weekend. I was fully addicted to meth by 19 I would say. The first time I quit partying and got off the meth was May 3rd 1995. I was 27. I’ve fallen off the wagon a few times since then, but spent the majority of the last 27 years clean and sober.

2 Likes

Funny that the Californians start smoking weed so early.

I started at 14 (high school) and that was pretty early for my geographic area.

I started drinking beer when I was 12, but I didn’t smoke weed until I was 18.

2 Likes

i wish if i hv courage like you to try smooking , drugs like you indeed
i didnt try anything at all

2 Likes

Did a stint of drinking in sixth grade then stopped. Started drinking again when I was 13 and shortly afterwards my friends got me into smoking pot when I was 14. By that time we were drinking regularly. Started taking LSD when I was 16. Tried crack when I was about 26 and got addicted almost from the start and smoked it four years. Haven’t touched any drugs or booze since January of 1990.

5 Likes

Good God… I’m so sorry.

1 Like

I totally agree.

2 Likes

I starte drinking wine in high school (like the French I guess lol) and then tried pot at age 21 or 22. That’s really it. Drank a lot and enjoyed the social aspect and gatherings. That’s about it.

1 Like