Treating the mind vs treating the body

how many functions does a muscle have… how many uses does the brain have… if the mind was as simple to manipulate as a muscle or organ… why don’t we have medicines that cure or atleast evenly treat malfunctioning minds… they like to say the mind is like this organ or the mind is like this other part of the body… this is an over simplification that is holding the world back…

if you tear a muscle you can take cadaver muscle tissue and fix it… how come I cant just use some cadaver brain tissue to swap out the parts of my mind that hallucinate… because the brain doesn’t work like a muscle… or any organs… just look you can pretty much take everything from skin to hearts and when it starts to get bad swap it with a new one or part of a new one…
if the mind was like any of those things how come we cant just replace it?.. why am I not on a waiting list for new brain parts…

they also like to say see electricity does stuff to the mind just like it does to your muscles…
electricity is gained through the separation of oxygen in the lungs… it allows everything to function… the difference is the mind is actively dictating all muscles on the conscious level like I can tell my legs to run or my arm to lift… and on the unconscious level the electrical impulses that tell my heart to pump… that’s infinitely more complex than the flexing of a muscle…

the mind and the rest of the body are comparable to a computer… you have the hardware or the body… the mouse the monitor the keyboard the microphone ect … …then you have the software like the mind… all your programs your os… places to store and recall data images text videos songs…ect… …

the camera can receive outside visual information…like the eyes…if the camera or the eyes have problems we can manually fix them…or replace parts…cool…youl need tools and new parts and then its fine…
the software can manipulate this visual intake… it can turn it off and on… record it edit it share it ect… if the software is acting up the tools to fix it are very much different… dammit science… im having software issues not hardware issues… if you cant swap my brain out with a new one like you can with a heart… then stop telling me they are the same…

I believe this is anecdotal evidence when you say the mind is like the heart… and can be treated as such… guess what science…that’s not science… anecdotal evidence is the opposite of science… I know they are trying and hard… but this way of thinking is holding us back… how can we shift the mode of thinking… i guess i will put this in unusual beliefs…

2 Likes

@flameoftherhine please change your avatar, it is unpleasant to the eyes.

1 Like

I guess dead pool panda or panda pool… is kinda scary looking im glad you said something…i did not mean to offend and i will change it because i value you as a person… but crap i have a hard time picking avatars…got any ideas?

1 Like

I think that it looks too aggressive. I think that @mmasters has an awesome avatar,.

1 Like

Congrats on the new avatar! looks great!

1 Like

I dont really like this pic of the fan tailed raven from Arabia… but it will do until I think of something better… well I like the fan tailed raven you cant really see its tail unless its in flight… it doesn’t feel very flamish…

1 Like

I tell you a secret for your honesty… when I have these wild ideas that in my mind would revolutionize or solve or change thinking… I write it in an email and send it to bill nyes fan email… theirs no way he actually reads them… but I feel better and can let it go… I don’t think this is unhealthy it has no effects on my life other than I can stop thinking on it…

2 Likes

well @flameoftherhine try to get your ideas implemented!
I don’t know if getting them to Bill Nye email will do…

1 Like

haha I cannot tell if the ideas would actually help… this one seems solid though… when the software is causing issue…you edit the code lines pertaining to the problem… so if we spent money more money on cracking the coding of the brain and finding ways to edit the specific lines that are causing us problems… what else is required besides cracking the code and editing capabilities… we would have to be able to replicate the entire individuals human brain in a simulation… this would 1 offer a backup copy… and 2 infinite copies we could see the real time effects of the edit on… once they figure out how to manipulate the code and it passes with flying colors in the simulator… they would edit the actual brains functional code… if it goes wrong they could just use the backup to return it to its original state and try again… I would sign up…

ha lol that’s some scifi ■■■■… if we had quantum computers I feel like this is possible… I think the timeline for quantum comps is much shorter than our cure via pills timeline…

I like this article, and the way it helps to brainstorm. I think it’s been a long time I have never seen such a great post on the forum. Thanks flameoftherhine, you’re smart as well.

Mortimermouse (or Mouse?) argued with me that Schizophrenia is biological, hence hardware issues.
I disagreed to some extent. Basically what you told us is right, the mind (or the brain) is far more complex than any organs on earth. They even tried to examine Albert Einstein’s brain during post-mortem, but how is that possible to understand the working of an intelligent brain?

I imagine one day someone will come up with NLP or a series of passcode to reset the brain of the Schizophrenic.
It is like the schizophrenic mind is counterfeit software, you’ll need genuine product key to unlock it or activate it.

As to why the schizophrenic mind is a counterfeit software, I have no idea… unusual belief.

You should keep these ideas for yourself, maybe one day they will publish your work and your ideas will help others.

what… I wrote a scifi solution… my whole argument against anecdotal evidence was massive amounts of anecdotal evidence…ahaha… to show how easily anecdotal evidence can sound convincing… then sci fi magic I connected enough possible concepts thus making the end result more believable… so if they ever publish my sci fi solutions and it helps people they deserve it… my gift to the future because sorry about the planet…

I meant also keep it to yourself btw. Maybe Bill Nye will read your letters one day.

1 Like

Um, I’m having extra shifty brain blisters, can I have 2 scoops of scabs and a bowl of skin flakes to go.

1 Like