Treating schizophrenia with Valium?

1 Like

I eat a plant based vegan diet and while my health is much better i have noticed no difference in voices. Im medicated on caplyta but still have voices.

3 Likes

And here when I was thinking your post was going great on empasising your very own opinion, you managed to ■■■■ yourself at very end.

1 Like

At least I didn’t start my post out that way.

:wink:

1 Like

And yet success stories by this Harvard Medical Professor willl continue emerging.

1 Like

So where’s that peer reviewed literature from him?

1 Like

Benzodiazepines have a profound effect on all of my symptoms. GABA has been implicated in schizophrenia for awhile. There was a drug called imidazenil created in the 90s that was technically a benzo that didn’t cause sedation or tolerance that they were studying for schizophrenia. No idea why it didn’t make it to market if not just for anxiety. There’s also an enzyme in the brain called Glutamate Decarboxylase 67 that metabolizes glutamate into GABA that is decreased 8 fold in the brains of people with schizophrenia.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/medicine-and-dentistry/glutamate-decarboxylase-67

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.