Trazadone experience

I’m going to get some trazadone to see if that will help me sleep through the night. Right now I’m just sleeping about 4 hours at night and maybe a 2 hour nap in the day if I’m lucky. Anyone have experience with trazadone?

I do! It helped me sleep. I got up to 200 mg a night before I moved on to Ambien CR 12.5 mg. The Trazadone was great. I took it about 20 minutes before I was ready to sleep, and I would wake up feeling great, not foggy or groggy. I loved it. I hope it works well for you. Good luck!

1 Like

I’m on 50 mg a night, it helps a lot. I take it in combination with Benadryl.

1 Like

It made me so hungry!! but less depressed. Also great for sleep

1 Like

I tried it and it only worked for a little bit and then it stopped working. I started all the way from 25mg to about 200mg and no effect.

1 Like

That drug is a waste. Try this instead, relax. Lay down. Close your eyes. Daydream. Think of a safe comfortable place. Be it in a mansion. A treehouse. A hammock. The beach. And peer into your veins. Rest. And wander!.

1 Like

I used to take it until it have me restless legs. Got the same thing with benadryl at the same time. I take 2 flexiril or 2 hydroxyzine now.

2 Likes

Thank you for your reply. By the way hi @anon4362788 , I haven’t been seeing you much, are you doing ok?

1 Like

Hydroxyzine is amazing stuff.

1 Like

@Leaf I am here a lot everyday. I just abandon a lot of replies. I wasn’t doing so hot the past week. Feeling like I am doing a bit better today and got my shot so will be back to my new normal soon. Thanks for asking.

You’re welcome. I abandon a lot too. I always thin I’m making it about myself and then I get self conscious. I’m sorry you had a rough week, I’m glad you’re going to be back to normal soon. That’s the draw back to shots, they wear out towards the end?!?

Trazadone didn’t help me with either sleep or depression.

1 Like

i take 300 mg of trazadone and I love it…I never have to worry about waking up in the middle of the night…and it puts me to sleep in about twenty minutes…it makes my legs feel like flexing while I go to sleep but other than that it’s wonderful…non addictive is what I like about it.

1 Like

well I took 100 mgs and here I am at just about 1am and I’m already up. I guess I’ll take some more and see if I can get some more sleep.