Total detox

This is my 8th day sober and I am going strong.

10 Likes

Congrats. Keep up the good work.

If you try you’ll probably make it through. BTW i’m certainly not a master manipulator of the system.

Maybe I was just on psyche meds that turned me into a retart and I was influenced by some friends that I thought were my friends.

Congratulations :slight_smile:

Are you doing it on your own or getting help? I had to get help with giving up booze and got lucky that they could help.

No I did it on my own. Tonight I’m having a beer and caved, but I was having problems let’s just say. Don’t want to get into it, but it is almost the weekend anyway, and my family doesn’t think I need to quit completely, just cut down.

It’s impossible to quit on your own I think, it was AA that helped me, and I just got lucky that they were able to help. Best of luck with it, hope you can sort it out.

I believe tobacco is my biggest problem.

Nicotine is, not tobacco. I switched to ecigs to get my nicotine and they’re supposed to be 95% safer than real cigs/tobacco. It took me a year to quit with ecigs, but it wasn’t till I got a bigger more advanced ecig that I eventually quit.

1 Like

Being sober for 8 days, I reached the climax of how good I was going to feel and it wasn’t all that spectacular for me. I think moderation is the answer for now. I am still young and I want the added enjoyment of a few beers every now and then.

OK, you know yourself the best. Good luck with whatever decision you make.

Today I plan to be sober. Like I said, I need to focus on moderation. Last night I had four beers and it hit me with a hang over the first half an hour after waking up, which shows me I need a 24 hour recovery period before I engage in it again during the weekend.

What meds are you on?

Don’t worry about it.

I’m extremely worried, shaking in my boots :speak_no_evil:

The cool thing is even though I had four beers I went down over a pound that morning. I weighed exactly 173lbs this morning.

good on you :trophy:
moderation is a good thing :heart:
take care :alien: