Took antipsychotic before a football match

Jesus,I was so slowed down on my brain that I cannot perform on the match

1 Like

What are your breakthrough symptoms…positive cognitive or negative symptoms…

I have mostly negative and cognitive symptoms…tho i take respridral…4mg every night…

@Gtx1990 Try to switch your medication to Abilify since that anti-psychotic doesn’t hinder my athletic performance.

2 Likes

He was on abilify before then switch to zyprexa…

1 Like

@far_cry0 He was?! I’m on injection instead of a pill. Maybe there’s a difference???

1 Like

I was on abilify for 7 years pill type,it doesn’t affect my sports ability tbh

2 Likes

@Gtx1990 So, you’re currently on Zyperxa? This medication slows down your brain when playing football??

I took it two hours b4 play.It does affect tbh.Or was it my skill?lol

2 Likes

@Gtx1990 hahaha, just blame it on your football skills and not the medication. But really, being on no anti-psychotics is teh best way to conduct yourself in sports.

I actually got a pretty good increase in physical strength when they put me on Abilify.

2 Likes

Antipsychotics are pretty deadening. They have a huge impact on your physical performance. It’s the single side effect I hate the most about those drugs. Make sure you don’t enter any boxing matches when you’re taking antipsychotics.

1 Like

@crimby I don’t agree that antipsychotics are deadening.
I think that you can maintain excellent physical form on antipsychotics.

1 Like

I used to get anxiety with Aps. So I would end up worse sometimes if I took them before an event. The meds slow me down physically too. I can’t run on meds even with a lot of caffeine in my system.

1 Like

Maybe you can, but I can’t. With all the antipsychotics except Abilify I experience a substantial weakening of my body when I take them. All the typical ap’s are very deadening to me intellectually. The atypicals don’t do that to my head. I can write on Geodon, probably better than I can with no ap’s in me. Geodon gives me a good head for writing.

Ya, I’m fat because of meds. I never really ate healthy but I was always skinny.

That’s great that you can write on Geodon. I feel like I can’t write on Vraylar.

That sucks. That’s one of the bad side effects of the med’s. I think that if I didn’t have Geodon and Seroquel I might just choose to live on the street and be psychotic.

1 Like

You don’t have sexual problem?

1 Like

I don’t know. It’s been a long time since I tried. I’m not really worried about it. I’m not much in the mood for relationships these days.