Too tired to exercise today, taking a day of rest

I am taking a day of rest today, and possibly tomorrow, as well.
The day before yesterday I demonstrated outstanding exercise capacity on the indoor rower.
And yesterday I exercise twice, once strength training and the other time aerobic training on the elliptical trainer
with record resistance.
It appears I have tired out, so have to take 1-2 days of rest.

7 Likes

Seems like you over did it eh?

Hey @MissPrissy352 thanks for your input.
I am a firm believer in intense exercise.
I have seen huge improvements in my exercise capacity, and improvements in my muscle strength
as well.
I have firm indications that my fitness is improving, and so I may be doing something right.
It is OK to take 1-2 days off once in a while.

3 Likes

I hope you enjoy your day of rest. Have a relaxing and wonderful rest.

1 Like

Absolutely!! …::::,

1 Like

Doing two a days is not a good idea. Your body needs rest. I workout 5 days a week. 3 lifting and 2 interval or hiit days

It’s ok to rest for a few days if your body needs it. Make sure not to over do it

I walked over 12000 steps yesterday and today I’m tired.
Going to rest.
You need rest @Chess24

3 Likes

Recovery is very important. Impressed with your dedication to fitness. Well done.

3 Likes

Don’t worry about it, it’s perfectly fine to pace yourself and take breaks, I mean, even God had to take Tuesday and Wednesday off to rest when he was creating the universe.

2 Likes

Pacing yourself and allowing yourself to recover is very important. :slight_smile: Your muscles crave down time to rebuild themselves from micro-tears that occur during exercise, especially strenuous exercise.

My thoughts as well but I am no physical trainer and I have a lot to learn so I digress .:: lol

1 Like

:joy: am i allowed to laugh at the Tuesd Wed part? Cause it’s hilarious

2 Likes

Permission granted!

1 Like

Very smart I see you chose, two days instead of one and kept them far far away from the “weekend” lol how clever

2 Likes

I don’t know if that’s sarcasm or not but I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt.

2 Likes

No. No sarcasm …

Don’t over exercise. One day you’ll wake up and you won’t be able to move.

Being unable to move when you wake up the next morning after an intense exercise only happens if you haven’t been exercising daily. Soreness & stiffness occurs if a person did a rigorous exercise after not exercising for at least a month.

1 Like

OK, sorry. Good luck and I hope your day goes as well as it can.