To be honest, I'm not really that comfortable with my therapist

I’ve known her for years but I’ve only seen her as a therapist 3 times. I felt shy to talk to her. Then when I felt like I was starting to open up she cut the sessions short and said things like you don’t have to come back for a month or do you want to go longer this time. It’s like she was trying to get rid of me. I know she’s super busy and I’m not super needy right now but it would be nice to establish a rapport, With only going once a month or once every 2 months I hardly feel like opening up. How is your relationship with your therapist? Do they seem interested in you?

4 Likes

A good therapist should be interested in you and what you have to say. You need a new therapist

2 Likes

It’s slim pickings here 'i tell you. Maybe I’ll just tell her she’s not paying enough attention to me lol.

1 Like

You could let her know your feelings are hurt and explain why

1 Like

I think I will do just that. Life is too short to hide behind my insecurities.

3 Likes

My therapist would see me every two weeks- before Covid. Now we don’t even do over the phone meetings cause well… I don’t want to talk over the phone. My prescriber on the other hand seems very uninterested… I talk to her once a month or less

1 Like

We are falling through the cracks.

1 Like

That’s not good. I would find another one. Is she a psychologist ? I just started seeing a psychologist. But cause of COVID we are doing video calls.

1 Like

No, she’s a social worker I think.

1 Like

Dang she sounds awful. Find a new therapist. I recently just didn’t feel like I vibed with a therapist and stopped seeing them. I’ve been in the mental Healthcare system too long now to put up with professionals I don’t like that I don’t believe are doing me much good.

1 Like

Please be understanding.

The more you want to chat with her, the more you might not need her.

My therapist helped me when I was acutely depressed and worked through some problems I had, but once I sort of settled and stuff I think she knew before I did that we were really just wasting time and tax money.

I hope thats the case. Please also understand that there might be more needy people.

I at least hope thats the cause.

2 Likes

I would have given my cat, my sanity, and my first-born son to spend just one night with this one therapist I had. She was half-Indian and sooo sexy.

1 Like

haha you perv. Bless her she probably knows her patients will wear on her patience.

1 Like

Mine is an absolute doodoo head. Every time I have a visual hallucination he thinks Oh! UTi urinary tract infection. But not this time. I was good, but still seeing the strange beings staring at me. Do I have Parkinson’s? No. So we have a long talk on Monday.

1 Like

I am very comfortable with my therapist. Lately I have canceled our appointments cos I had no money but I wanna go and see her again. We see each other every week

1 Like

I had a therapist that seemed to not like me. If I had any choice I would have seen a different therapist. I didn’t like him either.

1 Like

I like her ok. I’ve known her for years. I worked at Social Services when she started there as a social worker. Now she’s the clinical supervisor of mental health for the county. She’s moved up quite a bit. She was trying to decide who would see me when I came back and I suggested that I see her and she got this look on her face like oh God no. Then she suggested I start back with my old therapist instead and that she would check to see if she had any openings. Well things didn’t end well with my old therapist and I think she didn’t want me back so the supervisor got stuck with me when she really didn’t have time for me and didn’t really want me in the first place, probably because of our history. Anyway now I’m stuck with not very good therapy.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.