Tips for coping with anxiety needed

I am suffering from incredible anxiety right now. Aside from medication (which I have - Ativan - it does nothing) what are some good coping skills for dealing with anxiety? I’m mostly worried about financial stuff.

Exercise works good.

1 Like

try deep , slow breathing…concentrate on something in the room, a rock, flowers, a painting and try not to think about anything else but what you are looking at…it helps if the thing you are looking at is in your hands…good luck…I have dealt with many years of anxiety this way…

1 Like

Drinking warm milk with some added sugar, like a teaspoon or so. I am serious, it helps with anxiety and promotes relaxation and sleep

1 Like

I would just at to Jukeboxs advice that after some deep breathing, that everything will work out. I worry over my finances all the time. Doesnt do any good. But it`s funny that everything works out to the good, and I worried over nothing.
maybe you can call your pdoc and if there is anything better that can help with the anxiety?

1 Like

I use self-talk, I tell myself everything is going to be alright, or that I can do it, or whatever applies to the situation. I’m not usually a positive person, but when I’m anxious I am desperate and then get into positive mode.

1 Like