Tips for being less paranoid/anxious outside?

Haven’t left the house for weeks now. The lack of going out has grown into a big thing now. Anyone got any tips on how to minimise the bad feelings?

1 Like

Do something regular and in your control and keep it simple.

Break the drought! Go to corner store and buy something you need. Do a hit and run and do the minimum but keep it regular. When I was sick I was smoking so I needed that fix. It’s not a good example. I’d rather you didn’t but pick something that you’d like to get rewarded for!

Got to keep yourself interested! It makes huge differences in recovery!

5 Likes

Hi james… why dont u
Start doing breathing excercise…its for stress and anxiety…

6 Likes

Just start small try to just take a walk down the street try to look around take note of things that you think look cool or nice or whatever. Focus on what you like outside.

1 Like

I agree with @rogueone, go out regularly and do it for something you need or enjoy (for example go to the grocery store or go out with a friend…) so that you are somewhat distracted from these bad feelings.

Paradoxically what helped me the most was an increase in two symptoms, numbness and derealization. :thinking:

1 Like

My advice on days when I have to have my ■■■■ together is to be Vulcan. Spock maybe dead but when I have to leave the house and see or do something very difficult I try to lose all emotion. Because if I’m weak, then I’m still that same person who gets bullied for being different. If you can go for a short walk…vitamin d is good for you. My dogs love it. I have chosen to withdraw as much as possible because I like to bake, play video games,workout, listen to music in my own world, away from all the bs outside.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.