Time for another Covid Poll - Poll

How concerned are you about Covid?

How concerned are you about Covid?
  • It terrifies me. I think about it all the time.
  • I take precautions but I try not to think about it too much.
  • Covid Smovid. I’m over it.

0 voters

1 Like

I’m 100 pounds overweight, I smoke, I have high blood pressure, I’m borderline diabetic and I still eat sugar everyday, AND I don’t even look both ways when I cross the street. Clearly I have a death wish.

2 Likes

I had it, in between both vaccine doses, and all I had was very mild congestion for 3 days. I didn’t believe the positive result because it was so mild. BUT, I take it seriously, even though I’ve thrown my health to the dogs. But I don’t care. Gotta die of something. It just won’t be COVID. It’ll go underground eventually…hopefully. I can relate to a lot of @Leaf’s post; many of those apply to me too.

4 Likes

i bought some new masks this week, to match my outfits :relaxed:

3 Likes

I’m vaccinated, I fear no virus!

Anti-Vaxxers get your jab and stop ruining life for the rest of us! We don’t want another lockdown!

2 Likes

Just got dad his first astra zenica shot yesterday. My ex wife in Arkansas just picked up covid after getting both pfizer jabs and is really sick. I’m worried about her health.

It’s serious business and it angers me there’s all these idiots on the interwebs reinforcing non scientific theories about what is what. So many dumb people find each other these days.

I’ve both astra zenica and happy about it.

5 Likes

75% of us over 40’s have had the Astra-Zenica jab now in the uk. And now cos the ones in their 20’s are not getting theirs done - they are the ones ending up in the hospital according to the news here.

4 Likes

I did my part and got the vaccine despite my concerns about how fast they produced it

Apparently Sz people are 3x more likely to die

To be honest, I have got this far without getting it, so I’ll continue like normal

3 Likes

Was there any drama about the blood clotting on Astra Zenica? They made a big deal out of it over here and most people want to get pfizer now that isn’t in stock…total cluster.

1 Like

Yes it was mentioned on the news. But i think they were saying it was only 1 in 50,000 that got a clot in the under 50’s, and 1 in 100,000 in the over 50’s.

TBH i think it was played down in the mainstream media over here as to not scare people.

2 Likes

I’ve had my first shot so far. Really need to get the second one. I am concerned for others more than myself, so I mask up, despite hating them.

1 Like

I don’t worry about it a lot. We’re back to wearing masks again now but people are going out in public almost like normal. I don’t pay attention to the news so it took me a couple times going in the grocery store and CVS without a mask to realize we’re back to doing that. My sister is a nurse and she does COVID tests on people and the other day she had to call 20 people who had been vaccinated and tell them they tested positive for COVID. That worries me.

2 Likes

I’m fully vaxxed, since April. The mask mandate went away, in Salt Lake County, so I stopped wearing a mask for a while. But I recently started wearing a mask again. I don’t want to get sick with the Delta Variant of COVID. I don’t think I would die, since I am vaxxed, but I don’t want to get really sick. No, thanks.

I also sanitize my hands when I get back to my car, while out and about. But I think I’ll continue doing that for the foreseeable future. It’s a good way to not get sick with not just COVID, but the flu, the cold, etc. So many illnesses that get spread around.

1 Like

@Leaf, my gf and I both have a beautiful vision of you losing 100 lbs., quitting smoking, cutting down on the sugar, eating healthier, exercising, and watching out for yourself.

We also see you becoming a bright star of hope and inspiration to all your family, friends, associates and everyone on this forum. We believe in you @Leaf .

3 Likes

That’s really beautiful

3 Likes

No, you’re beautiful and that can be you.

3 Likes

I’m vaccinated so I don’t worry about it for myself,

But I have a son under 12 that I worry about very much.

This delta variant is different, it’s getting kids.

2 Likes

I’ve had one jab and it made me really horribly ill. Missed my second jab and not brave enough to rebook it. I might stay half jabbed.

1 Like

I’ve had a lot of reactions to vaccines during my life. Some of them include seizures. Since I’m pregnant I’ve decided to wait till baby is born before getting my shots. My husband is double vaccinated and I take all precautions.

1 Like

I got my first shot on day 1 I was eligible. Then got my second dose 8 weeks to the day as recommended. I mixed and matched (Astrazeneca/Pfizer) and I have been fine.

I’m the total opposite of an anti-vaxxer. I couldn’t wait to get mine. I trust my immune system to protect me from some diseases but not from Covid.

I still take precautions but I am a little more lax now that I have been vaxxed. Even if I become infected the chances of me being hospitalized or dying are very low. If I become sick for a week that sucks but I can live with it.

2 Likes