thoughts that stop

thoughts that stop, thoughts that stop

2 Likes

I have thoughts that suddenly disappear. Is that the same thing?

1 Like

I don’t know, thanks for the reply. I want to be honest I didn’t have a diagnosis of schizophrenia disorder, I’m reluctant to get help, I went to a psychotherapist a few weeks ago and I talked to her about my traumas and one in particular she thinks may be causing my problems. I have been to other non-specific mutual help forums for psychosis and schizophrenia and I left because I did not feel understood, I would like to talk to someone who can understand me to try to get better. maybe I’m wrong but I try to work on myself looking for information on the net, but I try to do it critically. I think I have suffered from homosexual and aggressive obsessions, to be dissociated, to have had hallucinations and to have delusions. if i’m out of place just let me know, no problem thanks

2 Likes

I have suffered from “thought blocking.” It was very painful, worse than my current thought disorder that is more like intrusive thoughts.

If you cannot think, you are nothing but a body of flesh. It’s a crisis of identity.

And welcome to the forum @anon37434048

1 Like

This happens to me too, il be thinking about something and all of a sudden il forget what I was thinking about. Is this the same for you?

Also would you recommend coding as a job for someone who likes nature?

1 Like

Yeah, that’s exactly what happens to me.

Coding if you love nature… Not sure what you mean

1 Like

Yeah I was thinking about doing a coding course but I really enjoy being out in nature so I wasn’t sure if it be good fit for me? Do you know much about it? Constantly on a computer etc?

1 Like

I read that your a computer programmer

I have a lot of trouble sometimes thinking clearly as well, with the distraction of the voices. But being conscious seems like so much more than merely thinking. Thinking is only one small aspect of being conscious and aware

1 Like

If you’re going to do computer programming, you have to be prepared to spend long hours behind the screen, and it is not casual work by any means

I wouldn’t say that it’s a good fit if you love nature. However, there are many programming jobs where you work for 6 months on, then you have 6 months off. It’s pretty ■■■■■■■ intense, but then you have six months to travel the world, enjoy nature whatever you want

1 Like

You don’t say if you’re on med’s. The med’s can be a mixed blessing, but for most of us they can be a mixed blessing. I’m no pdoc, but you might inquire about any med’s that can help you. I’m a big fan of Geodon. A lot of people swear by that drug.

I guess so. But back then when I had thought blocking. It was not only the verbal thoughts that were gone. There was nothing but a void. It was extremely painful. It was very connected to depression and anxiety.

Today when I’m more mature I can have a blank mind without noticing.

1 Like

I thought of an answer to your question and I will try to report the salient points of what happened to me last night between 9 and 10, yesterday afternoon I started to feel bad and I needed to understand what was happening to me, I don’t know how I took courage and I registered here and I prepared a message on a sheet of paper, shortly after it was as if that message had not been written by me and I did not publish it, I tried to write another one but I started staying badly, then the thoughts began to flow and I could not stop them to write them and soon after I forgot them. at this point I felt inside me an entity that was repressing them by straining and creating a headache. interrupted, as if they melted. I have been writing that message which is nothing more than a sentence repeated three times, trying not to feel bad. this morning I feel better because my thought corresponds to the fact that now I am to writing, even if the migraine does not leave me, but I do not feel that entity .

1 Like

did you have a headache? thanks for the welcome

1 Like

No headache, and i think what happened too me was perhaps something else.
There are lots of different thought disorders in Schizophrenia (in the forum it is often just called SZ)

They can be difficult to treat, but as @crimby said you might try a low dose of AP (antipsychotic)

Hope the best for you.

I can see your point. An empty mind can seem unnerving if you’re not used to it

1 Like

Yes, i did practice mindfulness for a couple of years, and what i learned back then, stay with me, so i would be prepared if it happened now.

1 Like

i don’t know gideon, however i don’t take drugs, i tried to take something for headache and i stopped taking that too. honestly in the past I have tried to get better on my own by drinking a lot of alcohol and taking some drugs.

thanks to everyone and in particular to those who gave me good advice, I want to clarify that I am not in favor of drugs, nor of alcohol abuse, I was younger and really stupid, I would not want to give a wrong idea of ​​myself, it was part of my past. Among other things, I noticed that the online translator translates the word drug in the same way you called the antipsychotic drug, in my native language two different words are used for drugs such as hashish and for drugs such as antipsychotics

I don’t know if you have an absence of thought or if that was just mentioned by someone else. I have had trouble with what seemed like an absence of thought and it is really, really bad, so I thought I’d take the opportunity to talk about it now. People think it would be a relief to not think, and maybe it is if you go about it the right way, like with meditation. Then you still have a mind or type of thought. I like to sit and think and build upon those thoughts on and on, I’m always contemplating. I don’t like having an empty mind.