Thoughts about reading on meds?

Personally found it difficult to keep a narative;
also had a lot of paranoia around odd sentence structure.

1 Like

I have to listen to audiobooks now. I’ve lost the ability to read actual books!

3 Likes

I read 5 to 7 pages at a setting…that way I can remember as I go…otherwise I get lost and have to reread pages…it takes practice…don’t give up…I quit reading for decades and lost some real treasures…I love reading now.

1 Like

@everhopeful Thats a pretty good idea, I actually do something similar now when going to bed.

@jukebox This Is a great idea unfortunately when I was at my worst I could only handle one or two sentences at a time. More recently though things have improved so I’ll give it a try.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum. :frog::frog::frog:

1 Like

@GrayBear Thanks! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

welcome
I have trouble reading since hallucinations started
I see numbers and confuse letters and see spots of colors that block the letters

1 Like

@yoda123 Thanks! :slightly_smiling_face:

That sounds difficult perhaps the audiobook idea @everhopeful mentioned might help.

Also have you ever tried enlarging the text or inverting the colours?

1 Like

I read just fine on meds

1 Like

ty @FYUOCUK
I cant do audio book cause of my voices they yell at me when i try to listen things like that and head phones
I hope it can help you though

1 Like

I read about 80-100 pages a day of romance novels. If it is a long book with a lot of plots and characters I can get lost.

1 Like

I read, but if its for no reason I forget what I’m reading quickly.

1 Like

@anon21849028 Cool it’s nice to hear that you’ve found a decent balance.

@yoda123 Oh I didn’t think about that. Audio books help me but I forget a lot of the details.

Note: apparently new users can only reference two other users max.

@robertc Thats awesome I used to read a lot when I was younger so I understand how engrossing it can be. To be honest when I was younger I couldn’t sleep until I finished the book I was reading. It used to keep me up all night if I didn’t.

Note: apparently you have to wait ten seconds between posts too.

@anon84461028 I understand how you feel somedays I have to flip between pages to understand what I’m reading.

1 Like

Happens to me all the time.