Thought broadcast

This is my first time on this site and I have tb. Mines real. I was wondering if anyone has gotten rid of tb since their first post.

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum @Edwin_D .

I briefly had thought broadcasting when I was first admitted to hospital.

I was put on Abilify which got rid of it.

Are you on any medication?

1 Like

I’m currently on invega Depot. I’ve been on it for 3 months and still dealing with the same problem.

2 Likes

My tb is real. I don’t hear voices though which is good. People with this problem aren’t on the spectrum so it leaves the majority of the people thinking that it can’t be real but it’s pretty common.

1 Like

Have you told your psychiatrist that you still have thought broadcasting?

1 Like

Yeah but her response was the same generic kind. It takes time. But when I read on here about people who’ve dealt with this for over 30 years that response doesn’t sound good to me

3 Likes

I haven’t been myself at all these past few months. It’s sad to think I might have to live this way for an unknown amount of time

1 Like

Meds do nothing to get rid of my voices, but I have learned over time to cope with them better. I’m wondering if that is the case with your symptoms, that it will come with time and practice. The meds don’t work for everyone

2 Likes

That’s the disappointing part. Something as crucial as this illness and there’s no cure. Ouch! The meds are a lottery basically. You get the right mix then maybe it helps you but only a little bit. Hopefully I’m able to deal with it better as time goes on

2 Likes

I had this delusion for thirty years that everyone was aware of my thoughts but not their conscious mind their sub conscious, the higher self. Even people on tv it didn’t have to be live news it could be just a show or DJ’s on the radio or people in magazines or YouTube. I asked myself Really? Do you think you are so great you contact someone just by thinking of them? I mess with my mind too much. The subconscious mind just accepts whatever you tell it to be true. My foolishness is a dangerous thing. I don’t think I have but a speck of a conscious mind!

2 Likes

I still think my thoughts are being broadcast to aliens when my positive symptoms are acting up. They’re sort of low-grade and in the background all the time now because I only take enough anti-psychotic to maintain my insight, but not enough to wipe out all of the positive symptoms. Too many meds and my cognitive function declines plus the side-effects of the meds become more than I can cope with. Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) is what really made a difference for me. I still have the thought broadcasting thing, but I immediately tag it as unimportant, not at all real, and mentally push it out of my way into the “ignore pile” of stuff in my head. It’s no worse than background conversation in an office after that - it can be tuned out.

I’ve had SZ since 1992 most likely, diagnosed around 1994.

2 Likes

Might have to give CBT a try

3 Likes

I sometimes have these thoughts that people could read my mind if I look them in the eye. But on meds I don’t get it often anymore.

2 Likes

I have had thought broadcasting and thought insertions (me reading other people’s minds), for over 30 years. But that was back in the old days before second generation AP’s and before routine AP polypharmacy.

2 Likes

Hi Edwin, I hear voices all the time. To be honest I just ignore them. But I take no meds and did a thought experiment. I paint and misplaced a brush. And I teach English. So I forgot about my brush and was very caring about my students. Later I asked where the brush was and found it immediately under their direction. But the voices are really me. Everything you hear is really you. My problem was I wanted to go outside that box… can schizophrenics pick up real thoughts from other people? Tried it a few times with a girlfriend who really loved me - and yes I got the right color of her panties correct- Such is life. A very lovely woman .

1 Like

Edwin ive had thought broadcast a long time and its way too many circumstantial coincdences for me to believe it isnt happening. Just earlier i had the thought of if my mother had returned an item to the neighbors and within 2 minutes she said she was going to return said item…
The examples are too many to lay out but if thought of The right way, it makes perfect sense.

Science has shown that we have brainwaves that extend beyond the confines of our skulls. Also it is true that everything has a resonant frequency, and things can attenuate to different frequencies just by being in proximity of each other, and sometimes at a distance just by exhibiting similar properties. It makes sense that our brainwaves can attenuate and make us think things that others are thinking, albeit in perhaps a different manner, but still along the same lines. Scale that up to a high population density and boom, you get what is known as mob mentality. Thats the reason i try to stay out of the cities if i can help it, and dont be there long if i have to go around a lot of people. I do not wish to have my brainwaves co-mingle with the hoardes of the general population. It freaks me out.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.