This Upcoming Movie Could Actually Help the Image of Schizophrenia

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/this-upcoming-movie-could-actually-help-the-image-of-schizophrenia/ar-BB1dv6bh

7 Likes

Very cool. I will try to see that one

1 Like

On Amazon Prime Video you can buy it for $10 but you can’t rent it. The trailer says it comes out 2/12/21 in theaters and some other places.

1 Like

I’ve looked at a few trailers for it. It might be a bit triggering for some on here. It seems pretty intense.

1 Like

Wow! Someone did a video where they slowed down the trailer and it is… Wow accurate… If you ask me anyways… Creepy but that’s our life

2 Likes

@everhopeful my fiance and I watched this movie on Fandango now last night we had to pay about $11 but we watched it! It does schizophrania justice! It was amazing! But very triggering… David had to get my night meds and one of my anxiety pills to calm me down a bit… It’s a movie we can be proud of… It shows our struggles a lot of the times and shows what we may see and how real these things can seem… Not to mention a twist at the end (if you don’t wanna watch the movie but wanna know the twist private message me)
@everhopeful. @Here4You @Cragger

1 Like

That’s a great review @Twialine .

I wasn’t going to watch it but now I will. (Whenever it becomes available here)

1 Like

What’s the movie called? Fear of Rain? Or Time for Heaven?

1 Like

Fear of rain …

It looks like a very triggering movie…

2 Likes

Hollywood always puts some kind of spin on mental health movies for dramatic effects. I just recently watched Words on Bathroom Walls, mainly because it was so recommended on this forum. It turned out to be a disappointment. A love story mixed with unrealistic visual hallucinations. But there’s no real incentive to make a movie about someone who listens to auditory hallucinations sporadically, or who puts aluminum foil over their windows to block out alien signals. Leave it to Hollywood to make something mundane into something unrealistic.

1 Like

Words on the bathroom wall was cool… I only read the book though…

I feel like this said fear of rain movie, doesn’t need to be involving schizophrenia at all. Delusions suck and doesn’t need to make a horror movie out of it in my opinion…

3 Likes

I think it looks great. Planning on watching it sometime soon.

1 Like

@Abise if you think about it hallucinating in its self is horrifying and I didn’t find it as a horror movies but more of this is the stigma behind it and this is what’s happening in the head of the person with schizophrania… I found it interesting and kinda did justice to our illness if you ask me

1 Like

That’s true… I really need to see it before speaking about, but it just seemed like a psycho thriller movie and be triggersome to me.

But then again schizophrenia itself is like psycho thriller movie… so I guess I just need to face my fears😶

Hope it’ll come out on Netflix… I’ll like to give it a try. Seems like it has some good acting in it

@Abise. It was very good acting… It did trigger me a bit but I knew how to relax myself before going to far into my Spyro I suggest taking an anxiety pill after watching it… It helped me anyways but it was very close to time for my shot

1 Like