This time of year is hard for me

When the days start to get shorter and the wind starts to blow and the clouds start to come in I start to get depressed. It’s hard every year. It’s not as bad this year as some, but still I feel it coming on. I’m trying to keep myself upbeat but it’s hard. Negative thoughts start to creep in. I’m thinking about taking a class at the Community College to keep me up and moving but I’m afraid I’ll get overwhelmed. I’ve been trying to get a hold of the local chapter of NAMI to get involved in peer support meetings but I can’t get anyone to call me back yet after 2 attempts to get a hold of them. I guess I’ll keep trying, I’m sure their busy. Until then I’ll just kick back and watch the leaves change I guess.

3 Likes

maybe thats why your name is leaf? hey i hope you feel better. Dont worry theres plenty of great stuff about the colder months as well. Maybe thats why we have festivities like christmas and feast days

2 Likes

You have a good point. I do have Christmas to look forward to. I’ll really enjoy it this year for the first time in many years so that’s one good thing. Thanks Kevon

2 Likes

I’ve been feeling really off lately too. I wonder is it due to the changing seasons…

1 Like

I think so, I really do

1 Like

I remember last year on my birthday, December 17th, I got “The Birthday Blues”. It was a depression that I think maybe lasted a good 2 months, so I’m really hoping it doesn’t happen again this year.

1 Like

I hope you don’t get it again too. Hey my daughter’s birthday is December 18th. One day off. Christmas babies. I always gave her an extra birthday in July because she got ripped off for having it so close to Christmas. My brother called it an un-birthday. I don’t why I thought of that.

2 Likes

np leaf i hope you can find some way to cheer up :slight_smile: im sure youll get a call from someone soon, God loves you

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.