This is bad news I like the face masks

For those in the UK

4 Likes

I’m going to keep wearing mine. That way people won’t see me mouthing @$#% YOU at them.

7 Likes

I hate masks.

Covid is over.

Get the vaccine.

2 Likes

Typo typo typo sorry

I think it’s a bit too soon with how many people are refusing the vaccine but I do admit the masks add to my sensory overloads

1 Like

What do you mean it adds to your sensory overload?

I can’t speak for moon, but the mask stresses me by constantly touching my nose and lips. The cheap medical masks tend to get frayed, and then the fibers tickle/scratch me.
Also the constant tugging on my ears.

I do have a reusable mask I’m quite fond of. I like the way it hides my face, especially my facial tics.

Another aspect is I need to be able to lip read in order to fully understand speech. Take that away, and add the way the masks muffle speech, and I’m impossible to have a conversation with in spaces where masks are required.

3 Likes

Haha - I love my masks too, cos in a funny psychology sorta way, i can hide behind it lol :smiley:

I will still be wearing one after the lockdowns lifted here next month in uk. Cos im not hundred percent convinced were not gonna get a variant that cancels out the vaccine.

2 Likes

Vaccine doesn’t provide perfect protection.

Many of us are still at risk of severe outcomes if we catch covid even with vax.

I’ve liked the year and a half of not having colds/flus and intend to continue masking for this reason alone.

It’s your choice to not wear a mask if restrictions are removed, but please respect those who choose to continue.

4 Likes

I like the masks! It doesn’t show your face so no one knows if you are wearing makeup or not.

1 Like

I mean, nobody is going to stop you from wearing a mask if you want to.

2 Likes

I like them because they’re a cute way to accessorize and they stop people I dislike from recognizing me.

5 Likes

I had an ugly confrontation with an anti-masker while shopping this week. All restrictions are being ended here next Thursday so the covidiots are already ramping up and on a tear. We’re watching Delta numbers rise exponentially in the meantime. Hello 4th wave.

2 Likes

In the UK they just found a new variant today.

Edit
… I just double checked maybe I imagined that!

1 Like

I remember feeling really weird going out in public when I first had to start wearing one. Now I am going to feel really weird going out in public without one.

I guess it just has to do with the psychology of getting use to a change.

1 Like

Ugh. I am so glad I live where I live.

2 Likes

Woops!!!
Sorry,
Big fat typo

I personally still wear my mask and will continue to even tho I am fully vaccinated. I have become accustomed to them and I like to have them match my outfits. Also helps my anxiety around getting sick

2 Likes

I don’t get why were going back to normal, the vaccine doesn’t prevent covid and there’s the delta variant, were far from in the clear I’m vaccinated and I still wear my mask in the store.

2 Likes

the only place im required to mask up is at the hospital, i don’t want to be the only person in town wearing a mask. so i have stopped wearing mine, and am also vaccinated.