This is bad news I like the face masks

to explain what it’s like in my little conservative midwestern town. about 2 or 3 months ago, one of mom’s friends went to get lunch here in town at a little diner on main street. they walked in wearing a mask and the owner said “take your mask off or you’re not welcome here”

It apparently does for the majority and the vaccines are effective against Delta, more so if you got an mRNA vax with Moderna being best. That being said, not everyone is protected, not all eligible adults can take a vaccine (there’s a minority who can’t), and under 12s still aren’t vaccinated. And, yes, Delta spreads like a bugger. We needed to keep some restrictions going until at least fall when more are vaxxed. Obviously we can loosen up some, but not completely.

Anyhow, the politicians screwed it up like usual.

2 Likes

Sorry, I don’t see the typo?

Sorry, it was me who did a typo. Not you

I still wear a face mask out in public and I’m fully vaccinated.

2 Likes

Masks are still required even when vaccinated here in Canada.

2 Likes

How is the covid situation there?

1 Like

It’s mainly feeling my breath against my face. It makes me physically sick but I put up with it

1 Like

I hate wearing masks, not gonna wear it unless I have to. No political reason just don’t like having my own breath in my face. I’m vaccinated anyway.

1 Like

@Froge and @Pikasaur have you ever tried mask brackets? Starlet has sensory issues and they help him. Only cost like $2

1 Like

some people are lying about having the vaccine so they dont have to wear a mask in public

1 Like

I liked the novelty of them at first but now they’re just annoying. We don’t have to use them anymore except for on public transport, so that’s nice.

1 Like

I read a news report. I can’t find the report I read but here is a similar one: Over 99% Hospitalized 2021 COVID Patients Unvaccinated

99.9% of Covid-19 hospitalizations are now non-vaccinated people

Only 0.1% of hospitalizations are people who have been fully vaccinated. Your chances of ending up in the hospital if you have been fully vaccinated are very very low.

What are mask brackets?

1 Like
2 Likes

Wow I didn’t know that was a thing!

1 Like

Yeah, and 99% of people don’t have schizophrenia. I think we’ve established that the people in this community are more prone to rolling snake eyes.

1 Like

Even though I’m vaccinated and California no longer requires masks for vaccinated people, I still wear a mask when I’m in crowded indoor places such as the grocery store.

2 Likes

i’m not a fan of masks but i do my best to stick to the rules with them, if at any point the governments deems it safe enough for us to go without then i think it will be a relief for me, during my volunteer work i have had to wear the mask for long periods and i get a lot more stressed bc of it.

Tbh i really want an axe sso if i can swap my mask for an axe then that would be kool :grinning:

Yea sometimes in the bus it gets so stuffy and then I can’t breathe properly with the masks on?

I still like masks though lol