This illness is.......?

And understandably so!

Because imagine you are non schizophrenic?

And you meet me a schizophrenic person

That person doesn’t understand schizophrenia.

And I also don’t understand schizophrenia.

5 Likes

I would give all my guitar fingers to not have this dismal illness.

2 Likes

I wonder what it means that sz can have a hereditary component. My uncle and possibly my other uncle have psychosis disorder or sz.

I wish I didn’t have to work because my job is difficult with the side effects of the medication and such.

Worst thing is I have no idea what this medication is doing exactly, inside my body.

Best thing is, I’m alive today, ‘comfortably numb’ as @Mars has mentioned, enjoying the sunshine warmth and taking my time to empty some shopping and do the chores. It’s so nice to do this at my own pace in a friendly household. I’m so so so at peace with this moment and that makes me happy but what about the rest of my life lolllllllllllllllllllll :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

One day at a time slothy :smiley:

2 Likes

My grandma had SZ which is where I think I got it.

1 Like

I have no idea who had sz. So no idea how i managed to develop it

1 Like

I find this condition extremely sad. For me personally.

I just don’t know how to solve that sadness.

Because future is always uncertain.

I just don’t see how future can be certain.

So that makes my life extremely sad.

Because it means seperation.

How to adapt to seperation? That’s the question I need to think about. Since joy is immense acceptance apparently. (Osho)

2 Likes

I’m married to a neurotypical, it has worked for twenty-two years and counting. The main thing is that we both understand that the condition is mostly manageable. While there are bad days, there are many more good days.

4 Likes

Yea it is f u c k I n confusing lol.

It might be ‘multifactorial’ it might not lmao

It is a mystery.

1 Like

My mother has it and my youngest sister had it before she passed away.

2 Likes

That’s really good to hear in your situation. It makes me moved :slightly_smiling_face:

I shall give you a bite on your ankle for sharing.

I’m sorry to hear about her passing away :disappointed:

I hope you are managing okay :+1:

1 Like

Dont let the illness define your identity. Just be yourself :blush:

3 Likes

All is well, its decades ago now but thanks. The depths of this disease can be deep though slothy.

2 Likes

I second your sentiment. Be yourself is a hard thing to learn sometimes though.

3 Likes

Aw sanks Mr LevelJ1!

2 Likes

Yuuuuu welcoome :hugs::hugs::hugs:

2 Likes

Yeah I found once I was 30 i stopped giving a crap about what people think and just kept doin my thaang :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

This illness is full of stigma. I had to go to the dentist today and she asks about meds and I just say that I take ADs for depression (which is also true). She’s super nice. People with depression get a caring response.

When I tell I have sz (which I don’t tell anymore) they are worried I’m going to stab them. Even my pharmacist keeps asking if I have a big enough stock of APs.

2 Likes

It really depends on how much work you put into it. A few years ago I was getting through a serious psychotic break, couldn’t function well for a few years and bounded in and out of hospitals.

Today I’m working part time, volunteering when I can, taking care of 3 disabled family members out of our family of 7. Am off APs fully.

It’s damned hard, but I don’t find life or this illness sad. It’s just something that IS. Doesn’t stop me from enjoying life unless I let it.

I have sza, it doesnt have me.

2 Likes