This antipsychotic looks promising

No metabolic symptoms, no weight gain, and no increase in prolactin levels. I hope it gets approved. I want to try it. I really want to get off Risperdal as I have boobs now.

2 Likes

ITI -007 was recently in the news

Intra-Cellular tells a very upbeat and promising story about ITI-007. The drug significantly reduced the symptoms of schizophrenia better than placebo, according to the phase II results Intra-Cellular provides to investors. In the same study, ITI-007 matched and on some measures even surpassed the efficacy and tolerability of risperidone, an approved antipsychotic drug widely used in the treatment of schizophrenia.

Ya, that’s how I heard about it. Apparently they’re keeping information about the drug away from investors that might make the drug look less effective.

Maybe the company has its reasons for keeping their investors in the dark for now - I dont know, but the drug so far looks promising if it is competing directly with risperidone and doing well against it.

what do you mean you have boobs now. One of latuda’s side effects is breast enlargement. I’ve been taking it for a month now but can’t see a difference in my boobs yet. I’m a little horrified of this. I’ve been taking respirdal geodon for almost 2 years now and the only side effect I’ve seen is my sleep cycle.

I wouldnt get my hopes up about this drug the phase 2 high dose didnt do any better then placebo.

2 Likes

If I recall correctly, phase II trials are all about finding the maximum high effective dosage. So, you’re making a mistake by writing this drug of already. My opinion about the drug is quite positive, it’s the first drug (of which I know of) that also affects the Glutamate system that once again has reached PhaseIII trials and practically already kicking Risperdals ass.

1 Like

I am really impressed with this

Ive been following this