ITI releases Lumateperone info

https://globenewswire.com/news-release/2018/05/04/1496756/0/en/Intra-Cellular-Therapies-Announces-Presentations-on-Lumateperone-at-Two-Upcoming-Medical-Conferences.html

"Consistent with and extending previous data from our studies in patients with acutely exacerbated schizophrenia, lumateperone (ITI-007 60 mg) was generally well-tolerated with a favorable safety profile. Statistically significant improvements from standard-of-care baseline were observed in body weight, cardiometabolic and endocrine parameters in patients with stable symptoms of schizophrenia when switched to lumateperone, and several of these safety parameters worsened again when switched back to standard-of-care medication. Additionally, treatment with lumateperone was not associated with the motor or cardiovascular disturbances often associated with other antipsychotic medications. In this study symptoms of schizophrenia did not worsen upon switch to lumateperone. Rather, statistically significant improvement from baseline was observed in the Positive and Negative Syndrome Scale (PANSS) mean total score. In addition,greater improvements were observed in subgroups of patients with comorbid symptoms of depression and those with prominent negative symptoms."

14 Likes

Thank you for keeping an eye on it @twinklestars! Seems like its on track for 2019 release. Is that a right thing to say?

1 Like

They’ve said they will submit it to the FDA for approval this year, so 2019 is possible.

There are two psychiatric conferences coming up this month that they are presenting at, so we may get more news soon.

2 Likes

I wish it can help negative symptoms. But i doubt it, just like they said vraylat will help but it doesnt really. Thats the cynic in me