Thinking about school (at my age)

I’m applying to Berklee College of Music out of Boston, MA. They have an Online Bachelor’s degree program there that interests me. I already have a bachelor’s degree in nursing so all I need (I think) are the music credits. Unless they won’t take my credits because they are too old (1981-2001).

I am now 60 years old and my memory is quite poor. I’ve been diagnosed with mild cognitive impairment but I think I’ve improved a bit since then.

I would only take one or two classes per semester and I would ask for disability accommodations.

8 Likes

Very cool and wish you well with it. I went back to university whilst working in my 20’s. Lots of older people doing the night time lectures and tutorials just for the fun of it and the learning. I was working at the time so was doing uni at nights.

Never too old and hope you enjoy yourself.

2 Likes

@rogueone, That’s interesting. Taking classes on a noncredit basis. I wonder if they will let me do that since I’m out of state?

2 Likes

No idea especially with the online stuff these days. We didn’t really have the internet back then but there were lots of people who were like engineers or business managers doing English Arts degrees for interest. It’s something that I wouldn’t mind doing again if I had some money behind me. Actually going and trying an arts degree.

As with anything these days it does get a bit expensive over here…I’d be interested in the right environment.

1 Like

Sure. I’m 59 and still taking college classes. Three more classes to go before my AA degree. Once I finish it will be a relief and a good accomplishment for me. Not looking forward to Algebra but Philosophy will be interesting and after taking Geography two times already and dropping it, I know the material pretty good. You can do it @SkinnyMe.

4 Likes

That’s super cool. I’m also hoping I can go back to school for music someday. I was studying at the university of Toronto but my episode got in the way and now im on the journey of finding the right med and dose. The cognitive impairment scares me for music requires sharp thinking skills.

1 Like

That’s sharp of you. I hope you don’t fall flat. I doubt you will. Music is self fulfilling.

2 Likes

It is never too late, knowledge is its own reward. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.