The worst thing

Yes thats it we have to adjust and accept our own forms of contentment and happiness.

@shutterbug if we’re sick then its hard to push forward with life
I know only we can do it for ourselves but theres XYZ standing in the way everyday
It feels like im a hopeless case, can’t be helped or fixed

The most comforting thing you can tell me is put one foot in front of the other and hope for the best

1 Like

I pushed forward while sick with SZ. Also while sick with things that aren’t SZ. I’m now very sick with some things that aren’t SZ and I’m still pushing as much as I can. There will always be something in your way - that’s a constant. You have to learn to look past the obstacles.

2 Likes

Thanks i will keep trying :slightly_smiling_face:
@ozymandias im really sorry to hear of your poor health
It sounds like you have a grip of your mental health issues maybe?
Sounds like pushing on is working for you and the past was way more difficult for you mentally?

I’m sorry to hear you are deteriorating on meds. Me too.

The best advice I can give is to supplement. It helps combat the ill effects the drug has on our mental state. It’s no cure, but it can make life a notch or two better.

Things like vitamin C and D, B-vitamins, Magnesium, bacopa monieri and NAC are some things to try. Hopefully it can do something to help you.

@shutterbug sorry i had to go and make hubby a cuppa so edited the post above

Yes and everything is a struggle some weeks im in bed days and nights can’t face the day and voices and people
All different struggles everyday
I find going shopping a big ordeal and i rarely go out i dont speak to anyone other than husband mostly.
I still have anxiety and uncommon beliefs i thought the world would explode yesterday it really unnerved me
I don’t know where to begin in improving my life, where do i start how to?

That’s just incredibly beautiful. Thank you, that brightened my day. :grin:

Hey @spaceoptic, If you knew me you would be surprised that I can do anything. I drew the short straw when god was handing out personality, and self esteem and confidence. I really don’t have those. Yet I’ve been employed almost steadily since 1982. And I need two classes for my degree and I’m half done with one. It just goes to show how a person can do a lot, with very little. I wish I was like everybody else but that went out the door in my teens.

But I am content a lot, I enjoy nature, eating, walking and a few other things. I was very sick in the beginning of my disease. I didn’t plan on working or doing anything. I thought I was hopeless. But other people saw in me stuff I couldn’t see in myself. And they encouraged me and supported me. We’re lucky to have a guy like @shutterbug who does that for us. Heed what he says, he knows what he’s talking about. Recovery is more possible than you believe.

When I had my relapse in 1989 I had to start over. I was living with my dad and I had no money and I had nothing to do while he was at work all day. That was a dark time for me, I was in and out of the hospital and suffering. But I did what I could even while relapsing. I took short walks, I joined a day program I went to AA meetings and then a vocational program. I started getting better, I got a job, went back to school. It took making small steps and having faith. And now things have turned out pretty well.

Right now I’m at work sitting in my car listening to Pink Floyd’s “ Wish You We’re Here” and sipping Dr. Pepper. I’m having an OK day. It’s peaceful and I’m content. I Had a rough night last night but I’m feeling pretty good right now because I followed my own advice and plodded along putting one foot in front of the other. I know I will have bad days just like I know I will have good days too. I hoped this helped somehow and I wish you good luck.

1 Like

Here’s the entire scene:

Shot with a cell phone, btw.

2 Likes

I still feel I can have hopes and dreams

1 Like

Oh no this is not a solution.
Will make things 100 percent worse

1 Like

@77nick77 @ablue @shutterbug @crazydiamond444

I know you guys understand a lot of things
I am really thick. I know i reply and make posts and probably sound sort of bright but im not im thick in the head. I have trouble remembering anything. My general knowledge sucks i can’t even do easy questions on quizzes.
I struggle with social phobia and agoraphobia and paranoia since being a teenager had a breakdown at 15. My upbringing was in a religious cult best way to describe it an it was hell. Parents are still really emersed in it.
I needed special education at college, for high school diploma/ gcses and even then i only got 3 c’s the rest were bad grades.
I had trouble concentrating at anything academic.
I was dx schizophrenia and personality disorder at 32. Ive spent virtually my whole life struggling and ill. I do have happy memories some in childhood.
My husband looks after me now he cooks an cleans and does everything.
I get lonely why i chat on here sometimes and like having things in common on here most general people don’t understand anything about it

4 Likes

I think you’ve done well considering

1 Like

I don’t know but maybe im autistic it runs in the family and i scored high for it online tests, i may need to look into that?

Your posts are always ver well mannered @anon85745701 and coherently written. I appreciate your ideas and dialogues.

2 Likes

Thats really nice of you to say
I think you read my mind because i was having doubts whether i should stay on this site

Ps i use predicted text on my phone a lot of time

And i am a polite person x

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.