The Official World Cup 2022 Sz.com Thread!

France looks really good. Spain looks good too. Frances Mbappe might be the best player in the world cup. He has moves and speed out the whazoo. Wouldnt be surprised tk see france take home the world cup. They are playing some really good soccer

2 Likes

Winner, Winner. Didn’t get up to watch it with the old zyprexa brain but was awake and listening to the call on the radio when Australia went 1 up against Denmark. Only the second time we have made it to the round of 16 so an amazing achievement for our little country. Last few world cups we made we didn’t win a game so it’s a pretty good effort from the lads. Aussie, Aussie, Aussie!

3 Likes

Well it doesn’t get any easier espcecially if you make it out of the group stages to the knockout. Australia plays Argentina Sunday morning at 6am our time. I think it may be a bridge too far against Messi and his men!

1 Like

Argentina - Poland was a good game.

2 Likes

France and Ghana are my remaining teams now. Iran and Saudi are out.

2 Likes

Goodbye to Australia. Made the round of 16 for only the second time ever and did ok against the might of Argentina. Lost 2-1 but we got a goal off a deflection. Still. Not a bad effort and well done. Will be following England tomorrow morning!

5 Likes

I watched the game. I thought the Argentinians played a really good match and the Australians deserve a 10 for effort.

1 Like

England-senegal was good.
England in good form but meet france next.

2 Likes

I don’t think england will win :smiling_face_with_tear:

Yeah will see how good England really are against France. A worthy opponent but England will have to play well…and avoid all that expectation that comes with the English press. I’m not saying they are chokers but lots of pressure and expectation on that squad to win it all…but I suppose the same for Argentina or Brazil or most sides left.

3 Likes

Spain knocked out of the Cup by Morrocco…I don’t think anyone but the die hards would have seen that coming but you get down to penalties! Been enjoying the football though. Some great games and some good football. I’m hoping England beat France but will see…who are you supporting for the final rounds??

Im liking Croatia and Spain both at the moment, well , If Spain is still in.

1 Like

Spain was beaten by Morocco. They are out.

3 Likes

Quater finals are upon us! Today/Tomorrow…depends on where you are in the world it’s the first of the 1/4’s with Croatia v Brazil and later Netherlands v Argentina. I’ll be up for the second game but may see if I wake up I’ll come out and watch the first.

The beauty of the cup is in these rounds where it’s all knockout so you hope sides play some good football. Anyways. I’m saying Brazil and Netherlands through to the semis…what are your picks???

3 Likes

I say Brazil and Argentina…

1 Like

And the following days games…Morrocco v Portugal and England v France…I’m on Portugal and England ( Cmon England I’m sick of hearing 66! Lets hear 2022!!! :slight_smile: . )

1 Like

I could root for england. The announcers thinks Brazil is the best team. Im alsonrooting for Argentina. I just hope for a good game now that the US is out. I honestly dont even really like watching USA play soccer. We suck.

1 Like

I backing Holland, Croatia, Morocco and France to make the semis

2 Likes

England :england:

2 Likes
3 Likes