The Official World Cup 2022 Sz.com Thread!

World cup hours. Up at 2:30 am and just finished the England v Iran game. Well played England. Look the business and plenty in the tank. Would be upset to let in 2 so the defence will be an issue in the later rounds…still. Attractive and controlled football from England. Waiting on the final nights game with the US.

3 Likes

Third game tomorrow is France v Australia - we lost a good mid fielder so it’ll be tough against France - not sure what to expect but will try and get up for the 4 am start our time.

4 Likes

Up at 4am. Got to be dedicated when it’s the world cup and you live upside down and miles away from such events. Woke up to the news that the Saudis beat Argentina 2-1!!! Got to love the gift of the world game with the drama the world cup produces. Might be a slight chance the Aussies can topple the might of France!!! Go the socceroos!

4 Likes

Haha, id love to see more upsets. Cracking tournament i hope more of

2 Likes

Saudi surprised Argentina today. I watched all 4 games today.

3 Likes

We got up 1 on the French but they then proceeded to put 4 past us. Way too quick and skillfull so we need a win against Tunisia to be a chance. Australia has only got out of the group stage once. Still. It will only get better and lots of drama already.

Getting up at 4 am to watch Australia score first against France…Priceless.

1 Like

Ghana was robbed. Penaldo was gifted a penalty that changed the whole game. Steups.

2 Likes

Good game between Ghana and Portugal.

1 Like

I’m listening to the England ‘bring it home’ song and I like it!

1 Like

That’s it! First round over. Some stand out teams and some good football. Who were your favs heading into the second round? Any team stand out over the rest?

I’m kinda excited about England. Looked good and played some nice football. Spain, France and the Netherlands all look good as does Brasil to me from what I’ve seen.

So. What are you excited about moving into the next round???

I like to see upsets. I played soccer for 12 years growing up. I love the sport. The World Cup is incredible to watch. They are so friggin good at the game its crazy. Im rooting for US but i dont expect much out of them. I wouldnt be surprised to see france or spain win it. France is really good. Id like to see Messi and Argentina go far. He is by far my favorite soccer player to watch.

1 Like

USA played the better football first half versus England. Will be an interesting second half for sure so if your watching go team!

Up at 4:30am which works for me as I see the whole last game of the day in between doing my morning chores!

1 Like

Ive been vibing to some soccer.
Although i dont follow it so well.

1 Like
3 Likes

Yay…I slept through the lot. Had it on the radio but had the old zyprexa brain. Good result but we still need to win our last game.

2 Likes

The teams I am liking so far are Saudi, France, Iran and Ghana

1 Like

My art piece for the world cup called “cheerful” depicting fans cheering on their team

9 Likes

Looks like thursday morning 1am for Australia v Denmark. A win or a draw may see us through and bugger it I am going to try and watch it…mixed bag. We played well against Tunisia but we’re not gifted in strikers at the moment so a win is an amazing thing…

How’s your team doing? Who do you think will carry the cup home with them and I’d imagine they are all travelling first class home!!!

I’m enjoying the cup. Lots of 0-0 scorless draws but some good goals and better football. It’ll ramp up after we get to the round of 16!

Amyl and the sniffers were onto a while ago…It’s the competiton for the Cup of Destiny!

I noticed its not much foulplay so far, but i am not a regular viewer.

1 Like