The nurse who gives me injections is desperate!

I’m not sure why she is coming on to me but i can tell that she is desperate for a relationship. I would say she is in her mid 30s and has been single for a long time. She’s ugly too. I don’t think she understands that the patient/nurse relationship should be kept strictly professional. Maybe because she is an immigrant and doesn’t realise what she is doing is wrong. I’ve decided to get my injections from my General Practitioner instead of the Mental Health Clinic that I am currently going to. I need to get away from this woman.

I’m not necessarily the best man of choice in a partner because I’m unemployed and am schizophrenic. Why she is coming on to me seems obvious of her situation.

Lucky you lol…

1 Like

@Magicfish Shutup man, it’s not funny… I have to see her because she gives me my injection.DAMN IT!

1 Like

I’m sorry your nurse is making you uncomfortable. If she is doing anything inappropriate, you should report her to your doctor or whoever her supervisor is. That is not acceptable behavior.

1 Like

@Ninjastar I tried to talk to my psychiatrist about this situation but apparently she is to busy to talk to me and got the desperate nurse to phone me. I had to avoid all these weird and uncomfortable situations of why I want to leave the Mental Health Clinic. Maybe with my next interview with the psychiatrist I will bring the topic up.

1 Like

I’m sorry. Bringing it up during the interview sounds like a good idea.

1 Like

@exhile do you experience intrusive thoughts?
How did you understand that the nurse wants to get into a relationship with you?
Did she say this explicitly?
Is it possible that it’s just your imagination running wild?

1 Like

@chess24 I don’t really experience intrusive thoughts. Yes, she was very evident when she said along the lines, “she’d prefer to have a son”. This isn’t my imagination because since I rejected her approach, the supposedly professional relationship between patient & nurse has turned sour. So because I detest this nurse, I prefer to get my injection elsewhere.

@exhile if you feel that the issue is not just in your head,
and this woman behaves inappropriately and that’s the issue,
then A, I am sorry you had an unpleasant experience , B, if possible to get the injection elsewhere it might be a good
idea, and, C, if you feel wronged by this nurse perhaps it is worth complaining about her.

1 Like

@chess24 The course of events has evolved over the past year and a half so yeah, it’s not just in my head. I know for a fact she’s behaving inappropriately because previous nurses who have given me injections never behaved the same way as she has.
A) I know the situation is going to get worse
B) My psychiatrist gave me the option to get my injection from my GP and I’ll likely exercise this option
C) I’m going to bring up this topic with my psychiatrist when she interviews me at our next appointment.

3 Likes

This is weird? are you sure you are not delusional? at least do not call her ugly. Maybe she is mentally ill herself. Just avoid the situation until you tell your psychiatrist about it and maybe he/she will not believe you so ask for a nurse exchange if you can :roll_eyes:

1 Like

@mermaid1 She is ugly! With the pretty girls that I was friends with in my younger years, this nurse gets a 2 out of 10. This nurse/patient relationship has been going on for a year and a half since I get my Abilify injection every 4 weeks. I will bring up the situation with the nurse when I meet with my psychiatrist next. I’m not sure what will happen afterwards but would gladly prefer my GP to give me my injections.

1 Like

In the psych unit, the head nurse was coming on to me sexually but she was playing mind games.
I believe you @exhile.

1 Like

@Exhile, does you mental health clinic have a customer service contact where you can report your concern?

@Moonbeam There is a receptionist but I don’t think think that a person or authoritative figure is in place to handle these situations. I was going to call and ask but I think the psychiatrist is the best person suited for this problem.

well if she indeed has acted unprofessionally I wouldn’t try to take her job or anything…just discreetly go to your GP for your injection…don’t ruin her life.!

@jukebox I have not intention of “ruining her life” but she should be warned that her conduct is inappropriate. Because of what has happened, I think it’s best that we go our different paths and I’m doing so by getting my injection with my GP.

Don’t worry about ruining her life. If she is behaving inappropriately, that needs to be addressed. Who knows how many other patients she could be hurting.

1 Like

None of you people have heard her side of the story (it’s not like she could be on this forum) but I’m 110% sure she is desperate to find a boyfriend/husband or whatever judging by her age and what she has said to me.

I would like to know what she has to say when I bring the situation up with my psychiatrist because the nurse will be in attendance when I see the psychiatrist.

Well, that sounds like a good plan then @exhile to discuss it with your pdoc with the nurse present. If you’re up to it, that’s probably the most direct approach.

1 Like