The greatest man who ever lived

250px-Tesla_circa_1890

Tesla, before death wrote to his mother that he is desperate for everything he did, because society ruined it all.

5 Likes

I think one of the great chemists was Mendeleev with the creation of the Modern Periodic Table of Elements.

2 Likes

True, I forgot about that one, predicting the properties of the elements without knowing if they exist itā€™s something out of this world too.

2 Likes

Alexander the Great. I mean it says it right in his name.

3 Likes

I think the greatest man who ever lived is 77nick77.

5 Likes

Aw shucks. Maybe the second greatest.

4 Likes

I donā€™t know about who I think is the greatest man to ever live. In high school I had a debate with another student about who the greatest conquerer to ever live was. I said Genghis Khan and he said Alexander the Great.

1 Like

Genghis khan did a lot of messed up stuff. You canā€™t deny he was a reproductive success. Some people hypotheses that all that matters to humans is reproduction. Iā€™m not sure thatā€™s true because people would have a lot more kids.

As far as the greatest man to ever exist that would be me.:joy:

A real answer would be Tutankhamen. He was smart enough to leave a trail to his tomb. Heā€™s even known now.

1 Like

Beethoven. He made music to make the world a better place. And Edvard Munch. William Blake was crazy but worked hard day and night. John Keats. Ray Davies.

1 Like

Iā€™m going to have to listen to that. I like the Chinese version better. Itā€™s not as high tempo. You should look into it.

Archimedes, the first man to kill two birds with one stone.

2 Likes

Benjarmin Franklin- Writer, Statesman, Founding Father of the US, soldier, scientist, inventor, and all around cool dude.

2 Likes

Bach for sure.he is the greatest composer for me.

2 Likes

Richard Feynman, Quantum computing. Now Google and other big companies have quantum computers.

1 Like

IBM too have quantum computers now.

I think the greatest people who ever lived were the people who developed the vaccines for the dreaded diseases that have ravaged humanity - measles, small pox, the bubonic plague. Those are the ones to which humanity owes the greatest debt.

2 Likes

The greatest person who ever lived was never seen or heard probably never even knew the personā€™s name or where they even came from but I bet the one thing for sure they were a Survivor like you and I from an illness called schizophrenia

2 Likes

A fine looking man
Lived secluded
I think
I read
He loved a pigeon
As substitute
Genius madness
A fine line
The problem is
When you cross the line
Finding way back
Being believed
And sometimes you turn your back on all
Because no one understands
I could be wrong
Perhaps it was mr Tyson

2 Likes

They contributed to overpopulation
Thus accelerated global warming
Crowded the slums
Removed survival of the fittest
They changed the world

1 Like

According to your reasoning, a person could make the case that because we have schizophrenia we should go the way of the dinosaurs, because weā€™re not among the fittest. ā€¦ A lot of things contribute to overpopulation. A man named Fritz Haber discovered a new way to derive nitrates near the beginning of the twentieth century, making the production of fertilizers cheap, which enabled the world to support two billion more people. ā€¦ We should find a way to decrease overpopulation, though. The most effective way would be through the empowerment of women, so they could have the ability to resist being used as baby machines in third world countries. ā€¦ I believe we have the technology to solve many of the earthā€™s problems. It just takes creativity and drive.

3 Likes