The Force Awakens

I dislike JJ Abrams. I was completely disappointed by the second trilogy. Unfortunately, when I saw the first trailer for the Phantom Menace I was giddy with anticipation. History repeats itself. I don’t want to be excited about this, but damnit I am. Enjoy.

2 Likes

wow @Malvok that was awesome I really wanted to see the trailer too. why don’t you like the second trilogy? do you mean from “the force awakens” on?

I like Abrams. Very much a fan of the first ST reboot film. Second… So so. You don’t hire an actor like Cumberbatch and then fail to use him. The visuals in the new SW trailer look great, but Tron Legacy had great visuals, too. (Best part of the film turned out to be the inspired Daft Punk soundtrack. Just wow.)

10-96

I mean Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones, and Revenge of the Sith. Horrible movies. Too many things wrong to list.

I don’t know you…

That guy butchered Star Trek. His directorial abilities are limited to adding a lens flare to every third scene.

As for this film, I want to see the sith who is using that lightsaber with the hilt cut off his own hands. Terrible lightsaber design.

Keep in mind that I’m a photographer who helps local kids shoot music videos. I generally only notice if there’s a plot on my third or fourth run through of a film.

10-96

ooh new star wars…thanks.

I love that Daft Punk soundtrack and it’s on Spotify. I love it.

As to that, we’ve seen instances where the force generator in the handle of a sabre is not immune to a sabre ‘blade’ blow. Since the purpose of the hilt is to block the blade from running down to the sabre operator’s hands, unless this new sabre material is impermeable to the force of the blade, can’t see how it will function as designed.

(Yes, I realize the design is to get people who already own old light sabre designs to race out and buy new ones, but still…)

10-96

1 Like

the dark side…feels like i’m at home.
take care :alien:

Dude, why is he mad at that tree?

1 Like

I’m honestly excited about TFA. The trailer caught my attention immediately, and I can’t wait to see the finished product in 2015. I’m a huge Star Wars fan, and I’d really love for this film to be great. But due to previous Star Wars movies ahem - The Prequels - ahem I ain’t gonna let my hopes get too high.

However, I am enjoying Star Wars: Rebels at the moment (yes, I know it’s a kid programme!), so maybe that could be a sign that good things are in store for TFA?