The ever-growing case for clozapine in the treatment of schizophrenia: an obligation for psychiatrists and psychiatry

2 Likes

I love how good clozapine works on my suicidal ideation! What is really hard to believe is that at first my pdoc refused to give it to me. She was like “oh, you have borderline personality disorder, you don’t warrant clozapine” and she would tell me that I wasn’t having hallucinations. Well, when she left the clinic cuz she couldn’t handle living in Alaska, the new pdoc was open to trying clozapine…and I’ve been doing better than I have in years! I don’t constantly think about suicide and my self harm has gone down a lot…

2 Likes

It worked well for me until it didn’t.

:sob:

2 Likes

Cause of pain, im leaving that typo, or more commonly, clozapine, extends people’s lives by reducing suicide rates that is true but it also destroys the body so I hope to God that there are more generations of APs out there in the future that are significantly more targeted than clozapine is

I have never taken a more insidious poison.

That being said you cant argue w results. People swear by it.

2 Likes

Clozapine is great if you want to sleep away your life.

2 Likes

Exactly they can talk about how many people don’t die because of it but what sort of quality of life are we looking at?

:angry: it pisses me off

2 Likes

I know that the Clozapine has it’s own set of side effects cause I’ve been on it for half a year 25 years ago but it worked better than any other antipsychotic. I got off it because of the side effects burden.

2 Likes

You are lucky that you were only on it for half a year it becomes harder and harder to bear

1 Like

I’m sorry freelunch that you’ve got some harsh side effects of it. I was put on 600 mg Clozapine 25 years ago with a 300 mg Clopixol depo every other week.

1 Like

That’s a high dose

1 Like

I had the great luck that other antipsychotics healed my condition. Two antipsychotics that prevents me from leaving ground.

1 Like

I’m glad something worked out for you it’s good

1 Like

I always refused clozapine. That’s why I’m on three AP’s today: Risperdal, Geodon and Seroquel. Seems to work pretty well.

3 Likes