The dreaded question - "What have you been doing ? "

Science was not something I had an aptitude for and with things I didn’t have an aptitude for I didn’t make much effort. I dropped science subjects for O levels. The last science exams I took I got around 16 %.

The childhood desire to be an archaeologist perhaps suggests you had an inquisitive mind .

Did you have a part in developing any well known software?

1 Like

It is now 12:45 pm. I just woke up at 12:00 noon. Already I’ve eaten lunch, taken my meds, read, and gotten on the internet. I need to get on the YouTube pretty soon.

Are you going to listen to music, Gina ?

I only developed software for banks and insurance companies. These are proprietary and not available for mass download.
But more recently I had my own side project where I developed some games and apps for android devices. I will send you a link in private :slight_smile:

Here is a fun game you can try in you free time. I advise you start with a 3x3 board, it’s the easiest.
The purpose of the game is to move the tiles until they are arranged in order:
1 2 3
4 5 6
7 8 _

https://www.mathsisfun.com/games/arrange.html

That’s always a tough question for me. I do shockingly little. I live alone, so my housekeeping standards are not that great. There are a few guys more slovenly than me, but not very many. I’ve kind of grown to like my lifestyle where I microwave all my meals and sweep my floor once every two weeks. When I look to the future I don’t see myself getting married. I might like a long term relationship, but she would have to understand when I didn’t want her to interfere with a personal matter.

Even the 3x3 was hard for me . I gave up after 63 moves! I think it shows how poor my executive functioning ability is.

I just completed a 3x3 in 70 moves.
I think this game is within your reach. Try playing for 5 min daily, if you like it of course… eventually you’ll get the hang of it.
Hint: start by making a small “train” with 1 2 3 in this order, then move it around the board, 1 being the locomotive, until you get them in the final position :slight_smile:

What are you planning to watch on tv tonight?

Not sure what’s on but it will be a crime drama . Just switched on,it’s NCIS.

As for the game -163 moves and I struggled to get 1 to 5 in order !

Don’t give up now. Move the lower 5 tiles, without separating 4 and 5, until the gap will allow you to change the order for the remaining tiles (6, 7 and 8).
You can do it !!

I did it. It took me 207 moves but I did it !!

1 Like

This my friend is what I call perseverence :wink:

dont mind me passing thru :wink:

105 moves to complete the arrange game.

1 Like

There is a lot of good music out there these days. I like Justin Bieber, Coldplay, Maroon 5, many others too…

2 Likes

It seems like you’ve gotten better at the 123 game in a short amount of time. Well done !!

Here is your prize.

Actually that young girl Lara sounds very talented on both the piano and the violin. You may explore some of her other videos if you wish :musical_keyboard: :violin:

I especially liked the violin playing.

1 Like

Did you hear this one? She played 2 violins and one piano, then superposed them in a single video song. Awesome.

I think I preferred .

1 Like

Actually, you may have noticed that Lara and Taylor have had a few collaborations.
Taylor might be the better violin player, but Lara is also a very good pianist.

My favorite instrument is the piano.
What is yours?

I will annoy you with one last song by Lara.
It is a cover for a game soundtrack. The game belongs to the Super Mario series, probably THE most popular video game franchise ever. Spanning 4 decades (1980s-2010s), these games are still being played worldwide.
It is noteworthy that the song below is a revival of a long lost music style called ragtime. Popular in th late 1800s-early 1900s, it fell out of favor when jazz appeared.