The average wedding costs well over $30,000. Some couples are having ‘micro weddings’ instead

Instead of hosting around 150 guests and spending about $75,000, the couple decided to get married in their backyard with just 54 of their closest family and friends.

$75,000 for a wedding?! A great reason to stay single in my opinion.

4 Likes

I bet that their divorce will be even more expensive. lol :rofl:

5 Likes

Ha good things. Yeah I worked with guys who lost everything. It’s sad.

4 Likes

My wedding was in 10/2008 at the courthouse my sister was with us and took our picture.

Cost about $30 for licensing fee.

That was it. It was a good day.

6 Likes

I would have a cheap registry wedding in the UK. Then I would go extreme on the honeymoon. If my future husband wanted a expensive glamours wedding it would be bye bye!

3 Likes

Sometimes a playa can do nothing wrong and just have a bad partner. It’s only when situations test a person’s coping skills that we see the demon inside. Everyone suffers as a result. The product of bad conditioning on the mind.

2 Likes

@Kxev Thats lovely. You don’t need an expensive wedding to save you love each other.

2 Likes

Thanks @bobbilly

I wouldn’t be able to handle someone who wanted a grand wedding like you said. Bye bye

I would have a quiet wedding. Small and personal. But I’m yet to meet a nice man…

1 Like

But you would compromise for the right person right?

Think it could be worth it. If your future husband wanted a party.

1 Like

I would make compromises. I just want companionship.

1 Like

@Kxev I do think its harder for a Gay person to meet something to spend there life with then a hexosexual person.

1 Like

I agree.
We don’t even get a chance til adulthood.
I remember heterosexual kids dating in junior high.

1 Like

I hope you find companionship.
I think there are good guys out there who would love you.

1 Like

I didn’t come out as gay until 2010. I was bullied in school because I’m camp. I think now and I’m pleased about it’s very much accepted. I don’t feel targeted.

1 Like

I married my husband at the courthouse. We had 2 family members present.

Then all 4 of us plus some other family members went to a Japanese restaurant and we all paid for ourselves.

I thought it was a great wedding day

6 Likes

paying that much is dumb. id just go to the courthouse and do it for almost nothing.

4 Likes

Ours cost $2,400 back in July of 2000. A bit spent on the hall, some for the church and the pastor, and much of the rest on the caterer. The MIL made the massive wedding cake and a wife’s friend made her dress.

8 Likes

One of my old coworkers spent $70,000 on their wedding in October 2022. The bride’s parents paid for it.

Then, they bought a house the following year for $300,000 which was their max budget from the bank. That is a big no-no.

They did FHA or 3 1/2% down and have PMI or private mortgage interest, which is in an additional payment, attached to the mortgage.

They could’ve had a cheap backyard wedding and asked the parents to give them that $70,000, so there was 20% down with closing costs on the house they bought. If you have 20% down on a mortgage, then you don’t have to pay PMI. I really don’t get it.

2 Likes

That’s all my husband and I spent in September 2003. We paid for the officiant, a video that was a part of the officiant package If you wanted it, a photographer, my bouquet and then our guests had dinner on us in a restaurant.

Oh, this also included paying for our cabin. We got married in the Smoky Mountain national Park and honeymooned in a cabin around there.

3 Likes