The average wedding costs well over $30,000. Some couples are having ‘micro weddings’ instead

That’s smart. I would probably do something like that if I had a wedding. I don’t expect to pay nothing just out of respect but I think it would be silly to put ourselves into slavery for years just to pay for one extravagant night.

Max I would want to pay is like 5k which I know is probably next to impossible these days.

1 Like

My wife’s uncle did our wedding photos and they were decent. Most our money went into catering because of the sheer number of guests on the wife’s side. You can’t not invite a third cousin of a third cousin or they’ll be mortally offended forever. They also breed like rabbits.

2 Likes

I’ve seen weddings that were out in tropical climates like Costa Rica I wonder how much that would cost

My mom and dad eloped and were married in a courthouse with 2 friends as witnesses. They went to McDonald’s for their wedding dinner…they’ve been married now for over 50 years and are still going strong. I gotta respect that, and their love for each other wasn’t expensive.

1 Like

Over here no wedding seens, only attending !

When I got married 24 years ago, my parents kicked in $2000.00…my in-laws gave $2000.00 and Hon and I gave the same. So $6000.00 pretty much covered the Wedding and nobody got hurt financially.

Of course, this was nearly a quarter century ago. Prices have gone way up since then…the cost of living especially.

1 Like

Cool! I was married in September of the same year!

2 Likes

It’s our 24th anniversary this on July 8th. I guess it is our “opal” anniversary.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.