Terrified by cars parked outside

Came home earlier and there was a woman in a parked car outside my house. The old paranoias are coming back. Just made a fool of myself to my neighbour. I had waited for the sun to set and under the cover of darkness I went to examine the car. It was still there. I got caught by my neighbours looking through the windows of the car.

My neighbour asked if I was alright. I just mumbled something and ran away.

Anyone else get like this?

3 Likes

I get paranoid a lot, especially when it comes to strangers parking or walking near my house, especially when my father is out of the house.

I’m a paranoid nervous wreck - that’s for sure.

2 Likes

One of your neighbors is probably just having a guest over. I understand the paranoia though. Whenever i hear someone park at the pump station across the street, I watch to make sure it’s really the maintenance guys.

2 Likes

it used to happen to me a lot…it is a delusion.
you are safe.
know someone cares :heart:
take care :alien:

2 Likes

I used to do this, before I was diagnosed though. At least by looking in the car, you can see there’s nothing there. Paranoia sucks big time.

1 Like

Thanks for the replies folks. Calming down a little bit now but boy - big tension headache. Haven’t gone back out to look at the car again. Just put some frank Zappa on and plan to chill the rest of the night.

2 Likes

I used to do things like this when I was younger, but I gained some of my reason back, and stopped doing such things. In fact, years ago. I would LIKE to do such things. I just don’t want to make a fool of myself.

2 Likes

I get that way, even on meds, but I usually don’t act on it (at age 19 though unmedicated me ran up to a van in the middle of the night and inspected it rather thoroughly for a long time windows underneath, license plate jotted down…, nobody saw me though)

This might feed my paranoia rather than squash it, but what helped me was getting cheap home surveillance cameras to record the street. I have a dash cam in the car, so if I’m paranoid about someone hanging around nearby, I turn my dash cam on, leave, and then retrieve it like an hour later to view it for myself. The last time I did that, the guys were just standing there smoking pot for a long time.

Then again, this might just feed paranoid tendencies? I like to think it guards me against home robberies and car thefts, too, so I have that excuse lol (don’t follow my lead??)

1 Like