Taking niacin 500mg two times a day

,…

1 Like

The normal niacin gives flush but is only like 4 dollars per 100 tablets. I am controlling symptoms with the Niacin. good luck

You are correct. It is working for me and I have had issues with schiz since childhood.

I agree with your statements. Nonetheless I am receiving positive results with supplementing with Niacin. I realize everyone may not gain anything by using it.

1 Like

The only thing I like about Niacin is the flush. It doesn’t really help me with positives or negatives.

1 Like

@michaeljohnbr. I deleted your full name from several of your posts.

We recommend forum members remain anonymous on this forum.

Here’s an excerpt from the forum guidelines

2 Likes

thank you for the corretion

how do I change my username

I have no idea mate. Ask the mods.

what happened with NAC did you notice any difference?

1 Like

Apparently it takes 2-3 months to notice any effect. I’m still taking 1200mg a day. Nothing so far though.

1 Like

Okay good luck. I have it but I am not taking it.

1 Like

What do you want your new name to be? I can change it.

yes I do quite well with the niacin. I can live without other meds most of the time. thanks for writing.

I do 1,000-1,500mg a day. make sure you get your blood checked every three months or so to make sure your liver is running fine. Hang in there you should be getting a break through very soon. thanks for writing

1 Like

You have my permission to change it to Brasil

Niacin makes me feel pretty close to normal for like an hour, during the flush reaction. I take about 4-6 grams a day, as needed, as well as my Paliperidone antipsychotic.

Only downside for me, besides the short-lived benefits, is that it’s causing thickening of my skin.

@michaeljohnbr if you are replying via email, please turn off your signature. I have had to delete your name five times.

Brasil is already taken. What other name would you like?

Have you discussed the skin thickening with your doctor? I’m just concerned this could be a marker for something more serious.

It’s a known side effect of Niacin, getting dark patches of skin. I’m not worried, it’s just annoying during baths, since lots of skin rubs off.