Tactile Hallucinations

Does anyone feel like they’re being touched while falling asleep?

When awake I had a feeling of insects walking on my body and biting which made me scratch myself a lot. Its a symptom of high dopamine and of positive symptoms of sz. Antipsychotics fixed this hallucination.

I used to feel rushing in my veins like I was thrumming with blood moving about very fast or in constricted cells, but it turned out to be hallucinations. Then I got into a full blown break, and then later I didn’t have tactile sensations.

I hope you find relief maybe try a different pill?

I don’t get them when I’m awake. I’ve just noticed it a few time while falling asleep. It feels like something touched or tapped on me real quick.

I used to have that before long time ago, I think I wasn’t taking antipsychotics at the time. I woke up and thought it was my mother but then no one was there.

I only get tactile hallucinations when I’m wide awake. I would feel bugs on me and my legs would feel like they were on fire. These used to be my second most common hallucination, but they got fixed with proper medication.

I sometimes get tactiles of flowing air on my skin, like someone in bed behind me is breathing on me. It’s very uncomfortable.
And It’s actually one of the reasons I don’t like sharing a bed with others, my skin is very sensitive, and the repetitive motion of exhaling on my skin in their sleep can make me want to kick them out from the discomfort, although I know they can’t help it.

Yes. The entities manipulate my body with what sounds and feels like a device. I can hear/feel this throughout the day and night. It is incredibly terrifying, causing me extreme paranoia and agitation since I don’t have control over any of it.

I felt a guy having sex with me whilst I was waking up. it was quite nice to say the least.

in the hospital I also felt someone touch my legs whilst the nurse was doing my bed and I was in it.

I once felt an object being inserted into my private parts to preserve my virginity in this life for the ‘next life’

have you been getting them for a long time and have you been on meds for a long time? it could be that enough time has not yet passed by .first time I was on meds it took like 2 months before positive symptoms went away

I’ve been struggling with anxiety and then started hearing sounds/voices while falling asleep. The tactile just started recently with going to sleep or waking up. I’m not sure what’s going on yet, but it has me concerned. I was at the ER and followed up with my PCP before the sleep hallucinations started. Once I got those I went for a mental health assessment. I was just given information on where to find help elsewhere. I’m thinking I may need to go get checked again somewhere else.

1 Like

What’s your diagnosis? On which meds are you on?

Anxiety and lorazepam .5mg as needed for an anxiety attack.

Stress and anxiety can increase risk for schizophrenia. Hallucinations, delusions and paranoia are signs of psychosis. Maybe your drs are right, you need to wait and see if symptoms stop or if they get worse. Then reconsult a psychiatrist.

1 Like

I don’t have any delusions or paranoia. Just nervousness and voices falling asleep. That’s the confusing part. Is it stress or something more serious? Some days I don’t feel as bad. I still keep pretty active, but feel miserable. I’m really trying to relax some to see if I improve.

Seems like stress. Try to reduce stress and relax as much as you can. Also try to sleep 8hrs at night because lack of sleep can cause hallucinations too.

1 Like

I’ll try to calm myself down and hopefully that helps. They did mention about putting me on prozac when I had an assessment.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.