Szs Completely in their own world

People don’t mention they have a mental illness. I don’t know how you’ve met these people. I would love to meet people and make friends with similar life experiences. I personally haven’t told 99% of people I know that I’m mentally ill.

I met almost all of them in group homes or supportive housing. You’re right, most people don’t announce their diagnosis. and when we were hanging out, our diagnosis rarely came up but occasionally we would tell each other some of our early experiences we had while schizophrenic. These friends were high functioning so our biggest issues were not always our disease.

2 Likes

When I was in hospital at 17 my parents approved ECT for me… it was bilateral and something didn’t work right… my parents said that for a little while I was like what you just described.

The parts I do remember… just feel pathetic and embarrassing… I didn’t trust or want the outside world… I lived pretty deep in my head.

I’m so glad I’m not like that any more… so glad I healed.

My sister didn’t talk to herself very much, but she sounds a lot like this guy. she had unremitting psychosis for about 12 years and was hit by a car.
She would smile to herself and was basically quiet at all times she’d abscond and couldn’t function at all.she needed complete support.

You do? :confused:

I saw this one guy at the library talking to a blank pc screen obviously he was a little off but looked pretty content,he didn’t have the tense facial muscles that are characteristic of some sz.

Maybe 'cause he took his meds as directed.

And maybe 'cause he didn’t have sz at all.

(And a hundred other possibilities?)

1 Like