Sz and pot

Have anyone tried smoking pot in addition to taking the medicine. Does it still trigger another episode with the pot. I have smoked almost 2 in two days and am afraid to continue without reading a review from someone experiencing it

Pot causes me some hallucinations while I’m high. For instance that’s when the devil likes to talk to me. Which is not real it’s just stupid. I don’t really smoke pot anymore, but I know it doesn’t trigger a full blown episode. Maybe if I smoked for days on end like I used something might happen. Really though it’s different for everybody. Only you can find out how it effects you, and I’d advise you to just stay away from it. It’s not fun but that’s what I’m doing. Maybe I’ll smoke again years down the road.

1 Like

Coming down off it triggers my paranoia for several days after.

2 Likes

i tried it again and just became more paranoid than i already am not great.

1 Like

lol

1 Like

I quit all drugs including alcohol in 1990. I had to because I had a bad addiction to crack that I needed to take care of. But in my youth I smoked a LOT of pot. In my last two years of high school before I got sick I was a daily smoker. And I will admit that it was fun 90% of the time. I was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia in 1980 at age 19. I tried smoking pot after my diagnosis and it made my symptoms much, much worse. It made what was unbearable already-- agonizingly worse… I still tried it a few times more at that age until It sunk in that there was no way I could smoke it anymore. It was just obvious. So I quit for almost 2 1/2 years. I picked it up again in 1983. I found not much had changed in the effect it had on me. So I quit again until about 1985 or 86. I smoked it around the time I first tried crack. It was still terrible and not fun at all.It was like having a bad acid trip. But I didn’t stop. Throughout my crack addiction I smoked marijuana sporadically. The results were extreme paranoia and it drove me out of mind. There was nothing fun about it and i smoked it long after I should have quit. But enough of my story.I think pot is bad for the majority of schizophrenics. I say this after reading peoples stories and experiences with pot on these forums for 4 years. There are a few people who say smoking pot helps them but they seem to be in the minority. It triggers bad symptoms in most people with schizophrenia. If you are smoking pot I would advise you to take a careful, long, look at the effect it has on you. it may be harming you more than you think. It may be harming you more than you are aware of.
And by the way, it’s illegal and costs a lot, right?

2 Likes

Pot is a bad one for me. I get detached. Everything becomes foreign, plants and technology come to life with personas. The world becomes what I used to call 3D mode like a pop up book. Aka pot give me psychosis

1 Like

other good combinations are;
cocaine and pot
driving and alcohol
speed and high buildings

you get the picture, not a good idea.
take care

1 Like

A good alternate subject line for this post would be Gasoline and fire. Just in case anyone was wondering how I feel about it.

10-96

2 Likes

I’m all for pot being given to cancer patients or to aid with nausea and pain…but when it comes to SZ, I personally think that for most, it’s one of the worst things you do. Why risk it? I think SZ is enough without taking something that could make existing symptoms much worse.

I was abel to kick pot for a long time and my life started to stabilize. Then summer of last year I smoked a little… not a lot, but obviously just enough that I put my stability in jeopardy.

Paranoia amped up, some of my delusional thinking amped up, I was acting on these delusions and making a jerk of myself all over again. I almost ended up back in hospital and didn’t really pull out of it until November.

No more for me thanks.

I haven’t smoked weed in over a month and a half. The last dose I bought I smoked one joint and flushed the rest in the toilet. Some things happened in my life that made the paranoia really tough to bear, I had to wear ear plugs on top of listening music and I would still hear voices shouting at me… I’m really trying to kick the habit and it has worked so far…

I stopped smoking this past February. The main reason was that there are too many consequences if I get caught with it. At probation they told me they were going to drug test me. I freaked out and bought test strips over the internet. Then I freaked out when the line for saying I was clean was not bold but light. They never did test me. Also if I get a possession charge, I have to pay back all of my Financial Aid for school. If I have charges it will be a lot harder to find a job when I get done school. I do get strange thoughts when I smoke, but I don’t freak out like other people do with a sz diagnosis. My friends and I used to have a lot of fun getting high. I wouldn’t do it now because of what I mentioned and also because my anxiety has been bad recently. I could see myself having a panic attack after smoking. In the future when it becomes legal I may partake depending how my anxiety is. :sunny: