Suffering loneliness

how to cope with that ?

1 Like

Find ways to keep busy and strive for happiness within yourself. It’s not easy to be happy esepecially when you’re lonely. You can be lonely in a room full of people so I can’t stand it when people say “just go out and meet people”. The key is to find a way to be content with youself and what you’re going through. I wouldn’t wish living with a mental illness on my worst enemy. It can be tough when the people around don’t understand. Seek to understand yourself and you’ll start to be able to cope a little more.

4 Likes

thanks 1515151515515

1 Like

Stop needing people. If you face the root of the problem the problem will be gone. Desire for people is the cause of suffering loneliness.

1 Like

but what should i do ? i feel better when spending time with someone. not anyone, but with interesting people

1 Like

Don’t be a slave to desire. Desire but not much. Don’t be a victim of your own desires. Company is good. But not as good as self contentment

1 Like

Can you not go out volunteer
I am ok during week with volunteer work but at weekends I have the same feeling loneliness

4 Likes

i work full time i dont know i want to go to gym on my free days

It is definitely nice to spend time with people who can understand but don’t make that the only way to feel better. Try and find a distraction. You can’t drown yourswlf in your own loneliness. Treat yourself to something nice. Sometimes i think out loud in order to understand myself a little better. You have the power to end your own loneliness.

2 Likes

You have to find the treasures that lie deep inward.

3 Likes

@zeno That’s a lovely sentiment.

2 Likes

I’m probably going to try to find a good movie on tv, that at least holds my interest and has the sound of people talking. Some can be inspirational and help with mood too.

4 Likes

I used to be intensely lonely even in crowds or rooms full of people. Now, I’m always alone but never lonely. That’s because I have many interests and hobbies that keep me very busy all by myself.

4 Likes

There is nothing worse than loneliness, Im tired of that

3 Likes

Well many good answers already. I would say just keep trying to find company of person who understands and appreciates you. Sooner or later it will end and its the only solution. Plus find something interesting (volunteer work) to keep your self busy so you have less time to worry about. Find hobby.

2 Likes

At least your longing for something. Savor the longing.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.