Sucess with shizophrenia

is anyone here who has succeed something very big and yes what is it i want to be a computer programmer but its really hard for me

2 Likes

my sz opened my eyes to a whole new world, I’m on a mission I feel

My brother is a computer programmer and has a contract with Manchester United

2 Likes

I don’t know if it’s big, but I completed a master’s degree in religion and literature. It was tough, I had a lot of anxiety during those 6 years.

There are others on this forum who did the same.

I have written two crime novels for the biggest publisher in my country, but my writing skills have deteriorated since back then, so now I live on disability and volunteer.

Good luck and may you fulfill your dreams despite of SZ

3 Likes

I worked 5 years as a programmer. Taught myself when I was 12 or 13.

2 Likes

I’ve been employed about 38 years out of the last 40 years. I’ve been at my current janitor job for 12 years and I just completed my Associates degree. And a couple weeks ago my counselor said she knows I’m a good guy and my sister says the same. That’s an accomplishment.

6 Likes

I worked and studied for a few years, currently looking for a medication dose change so i can do the same again. Masters starts in September

2 Likes

I’ve been able to work full time almost the whole time I was pretty ill. Honestly, that was really hard but if can work then I’d say that really helps. It’s almost like learning to live with one arm or leg, you just have to keep going in a way, ya know

1 Like

I have a master’s degree in clinical Dietetics and was a registered dietitian, but I couldn’t handle the need to interact with people all the time. I’ve been on disability for the last 12 years, just do my clubhouse and some volunteering.

1 Like

I go to community college. I’ll transfer to a four-year, and then hopefully work in publicity. I’m also a writer in my spare time. Concentration is my biggest obstacle. Make small, achievable goals to start with and work your way up.

3 Likes

We’re you on ap when you wrote the novels? Or were you not diagnosed yet

yes i want to know the answer to that question

I was on 5 mg olanzapine and SSRi while i got a masters degree and wrote the novels - @swordiebrom and @dimitri

My brain works better on ap’s than without. At the moment i’m on 10 mg olanzapine.

1 Like

I’m slowly working towards being a pharmacist I will get there I just have to keep working

3 Likes

I eated two chili dogs for lunch.

:blush:

I’m gonna try learning computer programming

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.