Stuck mental images

Does anyone else experience that once they see something horrible, in a video, or images, like, just horrifying, that it sticks around and continues to torment and cause you mental distress?..

3 Likes

Sorry i never hear or have a Visual or images…!!! Need to talk to ur Pdoc …!!!
Sz is away stupid…!!

I think you keep misreading/translating/interpreting my threads. Please stop telling me to talk to my pdoc.

I am asking if anyone else continues to see stuck images like in their head, not hallucinations. I have a very vivid imagination so when I see certain things, what I saw sticks around in my head.

2 Likes

Does anyone else share this experience?

Yes I do. It is why I can’t watch Game of Thrones anymore

1 Like

I have to stop watching intense shows like that due to getting so into it my brain fails to recognize those feelings from reality then im stuck feeling the emotional turmoil as if it was me going through what Im watching.

As for the images, they only happen with me when I see real things… usually involving animals. I use to watch some funny compilation videos on youtube but they keep sneaking in horrible clips, so I had to stop.

1 Like

I feel you. It gets so tiresome.

1 Like

I don’t watch to much gorry stuff anymore, sticks in my head and dreams, even a movie with a evil twist can trigger me for the rest of the day

2 Likes

that sucks :frowning: Theres an image i saw online over a decade ago that will pop back up in a rare while to trigger me.

2 Likes

I can’t read the news anymore either because they have such horrific stuff that they report on

1 Like

I think we get to much information now and to fast, just fuels most of the fires, news always goes on about it to much and make it sound like you will die if you leave the house

2 Likes

Do yall think this is part of Sz? I’ve never really encountered ‘normies’ having this problem.

I know it is redonk.

1 Like

I think it has to do with my OCD because I don’t really do it all that much now that I am on my zoloft.

1 Like

Interesting. People mention OCD and I experience a lot of what ya’ll mention, but my psych and therapists have never brought it up.

Some is SZ if it triggers you and ruins your days, but i’m sure many normies go through the same on certian images and stories

1 Like

I think it would be considered as an intrusive thought. Not sure though

1 Like

Yea it definitely is. I thought intrusive thoughts could be part of Sz though. Despite my education they never go into all these subtle symptoms that we experience, things I never even knew were part of Sz until I’ve been seeing so many also sharing the same symptoms.

1 Like

I think I have had it since I was a kid. It would explain so much

I’ve been weird all my life and come from a bad family so who knows what sent down this ugly path