Strange random images?

It’s hard to explain. There are visions where you go some place entirely different. I used to get these while driving or cooking. It’s nothing like day dreaming. It’s a completely different reality. Then there are things in the room that I see in my head but it’s so vivid and I can feel them that it’s as if I see them in the room. Then there are images that I see that are horrible. An example is the song Mr Jones. I heard him sing cut up Maria show me that Spanish dancing. I saw a Latin woman cut up frying in a skillet. Where her skin was popping and sizzling. I see things worse then in a horror movie and it’s so real. :sunny:

''Then there are things in the room that I see in my head but it’s so vivid
and I can feel them that it’s as if I see them in the room" these r my
exact feeling! But i get 3 intrusive images happening in my room! 1)
extremely disgusting thoughts of me having incest with my mother or some
other person really which r totally disgusting 2)someone raping or having
sex with me 3) i prostating to someone(intrusive horrible image as it is
prohibited im my religion)! It feels lije these things r happening in sone
corner of my room n wht do u think abt em? I feel they r intrusive images!
Ocd? Wht do u think? Sexual obsessive disgustibg thoughts also come often
in my head abt my mother! I dont know why?

I was high on mushrooms when I tried to sleep and got continuous, very detailed images in my head. This happened every time I tried to sleep up to 6 months after. I still get them, 8 years later, like ~2 a night , they’re never “bad” and usually very colorful. But this also happens with voices i heard through out the day, I don’t actually hear them just imagined, but it’s not my internal monologue or my voice so it’s kinda worrisome. Especially when you look up random images in head and get a bunch of stuff on schizophrenia.

I don’t have SZ i think, just a brain fk’d by drugs

Personally, I don’t have disturbing images come into my head, but I do have disturbing thoughts. Thing I do not want to think. It seems to be triggered the most in social situations. I think I can manage it, though.

I’ve had another random image in my head this morning… This time a saw a slightly opened door and again it was very vibrant red…

Hey guys, I started this thread years ago back when I just graduated high school and was going off to university. Needless to say, still in university and about to graduate soon. I have learned allot regarding possibly what the hell im facing. I’ve done some research of my own and asked allot of my professors on exactly what I could be seeing and I was able to finally locate some answers. First off all, I realized I have undiagnosed OCD since I was a very young child. Going to therapy also confirmed this about me. Ever since I was a child, I found it strange that I had intrusive thoughts, compulsions such as washing my hands allot or picking my lip, extreme fear of germs, fear of patterns (i realized finally that I absolutely have always hated patterns which is why I always felt uncomfortable when seeing a cluster of stuff or any group of circles or lines together or looking at the texture of walls or looking too long at the blinds on a window), repeating sentences/words in my mind, etc. I also realized that the reason I have beeing seeing TV static in my vision with accompanying floaters here and there all of my life, nonstop 24/7 is because I have VISUAL SNOW! It’s an actual condition and I finally understand that it exists. Unfortunately, the neuro and optometry community have a lack of treatment research or how exactly to approach treating Visual Snow in the first place so the literature is pretty low on this subject since it’s hard to locate whether the rods/cone receptors are affected or the optic nerve is damaged or the entire occipital lobe in the brain is messed up. It could also be genetic since the possibility of genes transcribing the protein products for the rod/cone receptors are producing a low amount of products or the transcription of the development of certain neurons have been mutated in some form. So it is widely unknown what is the cause of Visual Snow. But hopefully one day, the research will kick back again or I’ll design the research parameters for a study on visual snow and pitch it to a standing research fellowship for a grant lol (if life doesn’t get to me first). Also, I realized the weird visual hallucinations I used to have as a young teenager 5 years ago was because of my depression combined with lack of sleep during my senior year in high school. I still get the weird hallucinations time to time but they only appear when I have had a lack of sleep due to studying for exams. Also, in regards to the fear of snakes plus fear of patterns, there is research literature out there that is pointing to some evidence that both of these fears are linked and are coming from an evolutionary standpoint where an ancestral gene is responsible for the extreme anxiety that may occur when there is exposure to snakes or patterns, which in my opinion, might be a gene that is triggered in response to the movement of snakes and the typical patterns on their skin. It’s has not been confirmed but it is a possible theory on the evolutionary standpoint of those two fears. Especially since I’ve had these two specific phobias from a very young age (like from the age of 1 according to my mom). But overall, life may have changed for me but my depression is still existant. Saw allot of people commit suicide during my time in university and one of my close friends killed herself about 2 years ago now. So depression wise, it’s still there but I’m doing my best to hang on.

I hate intrusive thoughts, I hope no one can see or hear them.

Yes exactly didn’t read full post but i also have visual snow (maybe due to poor eyesight) but yeah outdoors i don’t really notice it but indoors i do

I have experienced the same thing. My beginning images started one night out of no where, it’s all a little fuzzy, but the images were not, they were the most vivid hallucinations I’ve experienced to this day. Colorful, some realistic, some a little cartoonish, and actually audibly talking to me. Occasionally an image will pop up randomly, but not as often as they used to. I usually get images while I’m sleeping.

when i read or watching stuffs… these random images like certain part of my school or certain part of mall suddenly popped up in my mind and i cant control it. also i ever heard layered voices(?) in my mind like people talking with words that i dont know when i tried to sleep…

I have been having there random intrusive images for years. Awful flashes of disturbing images. I’ve heard people refer to them as hallucinations but I didn’t think they were. I have schizotypal disorder.

I have very disturbing images pop in my head at night when I’m trying to go to sleep. I was wondering if there was any thing that makes them better. It’s really difficult to fall asleep when it’s happening constantly. I’m schizoeffective btw.

hey @Chewch

Typically, we like to leave inactive threads alone and just start a new thread instead. This is different than how some forums are run, but we do it this way because it frequently upsets users to have old topics revived when they are no longer relevant. It can also be frustrating to the person who revived the thread when they don’t get a reply, because the original poster is no longer active or no longer finds the topic relevant. Feel free to start a new thread on this topic.

Thanks,

Volunteer Moderator