Schizophrenia.com

Starting to crave a cigarette, it's been 78 days since my last one

i guess im still not out of the woods, all of a sudden i am getting these cravings for a cigarette, but i will resist. it’s been 78 days since my last smoke, im hoping to make it to 100 days without and longer, like the rest of my life, but some days i really want one. at least my sleep is improving so i think im done with the withdraws, probably just psychological for me at this point.

6 Likes

I don’t think you are ever “out of the woods” when it comes to cigarette smoking. I quit for like a year and would still have cravings every once in a while. I think that once you are addicted the urge still has the potential to come up in most people.

1 Like

My mom says the same. She quit over a year ago, and she says she still has cravings.

2 Likes

I know how U feel, I’m at 20mg from 50mg.

Its hard.

2 Likes

I didn’t consider myself out of the woods until after about 6 months. That’s when things really died down for me.

I quit 13 years ago and it never crosses my mind anymore. And I live with 2 heavy smokers. I have no desire to smoke at all.

2 Likes

I am ready to quit cigarettes completely. I dont even enjoy it anymore. My mom wont quit/she’s been smoking too much…and drinking like 10 cups of coffee a day…I feel bad. Seeing her mental illness cause her to chain smoke makes me feel horrible…

I dont even enjoy smoking anymore. tomorrow Im going to put on the patch…

1 Like

Hey man don’t do it! Hah. 78 days is plenty. Keep up the good fight. All it takes is one to get back to smoking a pack a day. They don’t even sell single cigarettes in most places here. You usually have to get a pack then you smoke one and have 19 left. I failed miserably after not smoking for 11 months. Trust me, your lungs will be thankful if you don’t.

1 Like

Drink water, discuss it with folks, distract yourself.

2 Likes

i think it is hard to stop addiction and it is even harder with mental illness
just replace it with another habit
good luck

1 Like

Delay . . .

(I knew there was more.)

1 Like

You can do this. You’ve done well so far and you can keep it up. Try to think about the negatives of smoking, like cancer and wrinkles etc. vaping also has been shown to have many bad chemicals too so I wouldn’t try that. But you have been very successful so far so I know you can resist the urge.

1 Like

Good on you for going 78 days without. It never crosses my mind anymore. It’s been almost 6 years. You can do this.

1 Like

All the nicotine is out of your system. It is all in your head now. :cat::cat::cat:

1 Like

Yeah, but. The nicotine has shaped pathways in the head of which you speak.

2 Likes

I used to drink a glass of water when i craved a cigarette…it helped, im off smokes 12 yrs now

1 Like