Starting abilify

I’m starting 10mg of abilify tonight an tapering my seroquel from 300 to 200mg. In 2 weeks I’ll go up to 20mg abilify an 100 mg seroquel ect

In your experience does it give you energy and it’s better in the morning or do you sleep fine with it?

When I was on 10mg I tried taking it at night and then switched to morning. Taking it in the morning was much better.

i dont think it makes a difference and i dont think it gives me energy i think it takes away my energy tbh

From upping 15-20 mg abilify… my loved ones said i seem to be very rigid and like a robot in public…

Anyone else like this? or just me haha… and also it makes me drowsy. since starting 20mg

My combo is abilify + clozapine, so I guess it’s different and I only take them before bed. Before was risperidone and clozapine. Anyway compared both combos I could say that abilify made sleep a lot better and less, I used to sleep 11 to 12 hours with risperidone and now I sleep 8 to 9 hours.
I used to be zombified with risperidone…

Yes. When I was on 20mg it made me feel like a zombie. 10mg wasn’t enough so I settled on 15mg in the end.

@Lenny I’m also on 500mg clozapine. Hope it helps with the voices.

I do sleep a lot. Miss most of the day. Hopefully this helps with that too.

1 Like

I would think that 500mg of clozapine would be enough on it’s own to handle schizophrenia.

1 Like

500mg of clozapine helps with my voices. :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin:

For me abilify works on 10 mg to a point, but it hardly touches my paranoia. Helps though with delusions and hallucinations

@Liquid @GrayBear I used to be on 300 but voices started again about 6 months ago. I tried seroquel but it didn’t work. We’re on to the next one to help now.

1 Like

Well hopefully you find something that helps and you get some relief. :cow2::cow2::cow2:

1 Like

Good luck :wink:

My doc said it can give more energy. Has anyone noticed this?

What gives energy? Clozapine? :racehorse::racehorse::racehorse:

@GrayBear no abilify apparently

1 Like

In my experience with it, it stimulates me to the point where i need to take a drug called artane to relax me. But it works, though. I take a very low dose of it, though

@SpacemanInvader does it give you anxiety?

i would be cautious with abilify. it gave me thoughts of death. in my opinion its not a serotonin booster but a serotonin stablizer. It makes sure theres SOME serotonin in your brain to keep you balanced at all times, but you might also feel limited by it. I think the best way to deal with that feeling (if it does come later in the course of the treatment) is to join a gym and exercise regularly, which boosts serotonin naturally, keeping you both stable and happy.

1 Like

It did before but the artane knocks it right out