Clozapine and risperidone combo

Hi all

Is anyone on the above?

Was meant to start clozapine today but he wanted to taper off risperidone and abilify all together and leave me on 600mg clozapine

It was a condition of mine that I stay on risperidone as it’s effective for voice volume, and did not want to give that up and be on the higher dose of the clozapine instead

3 Likes

Ftr I wanted to be on clozapine 250-300mg and risperidone 6mg

1 Like

Risperidone 6mg works good for me. Zyprexa did not work at 15mg so dr wanted me on Clozapine. I said lets try risperidone and it worked

1 Like

Super dry I realy comment any one or go out of the house because of negative symptoms but positives have improved very very much.
If you are taking 600 mg Clopixol by mouth like I did 25 years ago it can be expected that your positive symptoms will improve tremendously so they did to me. But negative stayed the same. Besides of Clozapine I was on Clopixol LAI aswell.
It can be expected that you maybe will become constepated and most people gain some weight or start drolling. My 700 mg qutiapine gives me a great deal of relief from voices and anger issues.

1 Like

Not Clopixol Clozapine.

1 Like

i’m on clozapine and risperdal consta

1 Like

Hey, how are you? Did your psychiatrist advise you of any interactions or?

no he didn’t. just said i shouldn’t drink alcohol and not drive a car.

2 Likes

My dr never told me that but I am only on risperidone

1 Like

I was told not to drive when clozapine gave me QTc prolongation, at least until the latest EKG was normal. This was cuz I kept passing out. But that’s improved since they lowered it to 100 mg and discontinued the Vraylar. So now I can drive but I’m experiencing hypomania instead…rock and a hard place.

2 Likes

@everhopeful how long did it take an abilify dose increase to work, does it take as long as the initial period when you start the medicene?

It takes 2 weeks to reach a steady state in your body after a change. So you’re talking about a minimum of 2 weeks.

I think it took about a month for everything to settle down for me after I went from 10mg to 15mg.

1 Like