Sometimes I'm so happy I'm older

Right now,

If I were still in my 20’s, early 30’s,

I’d be frantically preparing for a 100+ guests house party.

Wearing an uncomfortable, skimpy costume.

Cleaning up after drunks.

Trying to get people to use coasters or not have sex in my bathroom.

Wasting tons of money for a night people won’t remember anyway.

Sounds freaking terrible to me now.

I don’t know how I did it as long as I did.

Thank gods I grew up.

10 Likes

I can’t wait to get older and older and older. Though I’m ok with the age I’m at now it’s about fn time tho.

Who are you btw you’re typing style looks so dang familiar :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: lol jk I figured it out b4 the selfie I saw

I’m excited for the wisdom of old age and the greys.

1 Like

Yeah,

Someone gained access to my email and I had to delete my account.

Sucks.

2 Likes

Me too I wish I had more wisdom lol I want to know how everything works and it’s difficult because I have such limited understanding… though I’m a strong believer in the fact that reverence for god is true wisdom…

It’s like when you’re playing chess against the computer and you have the “hint” feature that tells you the best possible move and highlights it. Even if you don’t know how to play chess if you follow those recommendations you’ll win y the game. Whose smart now :laughing::laughing::laughing:

1 Like

That’s lame :unamused:. It wasn’t a nigerian scammer was it. Or you have no clue. Cuz I’ve had some nigerian scam encounters lately :unamused:

I convince em I’m Nigerian they say alaye alaye. I say I know what that means !!! Google is your friend!!! I’m American!!! You blew your cover now…I don’t wanna talk bout it much more tho :raised_hands:

2 Likes

For me - my mental illness became more managable as ive grown older. I dont think i could manage the constant seesaw of the crises i had when i was younger.

I didnt get put on the proper drugs for schizophrenia until i was 40 tho. It almost makes me angry that had i been put on them sooner, i would have maybe had a more stable relationship with the exwife. Who knows.

2 Likes

Guess im lucky, although only really on the right meds now, i found the first 2 pieces of the puzzle 23 and 25 and ativan at 31 seems to work much better, but klonopin wasnt so bad for me for a while either

1 Like

Yeah - you have to jump some right proper hoops to get any chance of a benzo here in the uk.

I do find you are slower to learn any coping strategy for yourself, when you have those types of pills available tho.

1 Like

na na im good man im good lol… ativan is pretty weak id say…thats why i like it better…i take it 2x a day at the same time every day and thats it

with klonopin i was splitting it into 1/4 and taking it as needed it was much stronger

ativan is way smoother, still relaxing tho

its nothing but a :lollipop:

1 Like

Cool mate. Wasnt judging. If anything im jealous. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I couldn’t have a proper party in this apartment anyway, not big enough. But yeah, older is ok, but I’m not buying into the whole “old guy” scam. I’m far from being feeble physically and working every day on mentally. Not gonna lay down and die.

I spent my 20’s being mentally ill and psychotic and my 30’s drugged out on 40mg of olanzapine, fat, unhealthy and lethargic.

I’m definitely happier in my 40’s than I was in my 20’s and 30’s. I think there are several reasons for that.

1. I was put on a new medication when I was 40. My physical/mental health has improved dramatically.
  2. My second pdoc said schizophrenia tends to mellow out for men once they hit their 40’s
  3. I am older, wiser and more experienced in life. And more comfortable in my own skin.

I sometimes look back on my youth and laugh at some of the stupid sh*t I did. Even if I could drink alcohol or smoke weed I don’t think I could party like I did when I was younger anymore.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.