Something a Schizophrenic Could Handle Better Than the Average Person

Torture. The person who it was being administered to would often have psychologically been through worse and many schizophrenics at least early in the illness have a high threshold for pain.

3 Likes

Uhm… I don’t freeze properly with local. As in it only numbs me a bit and I burn it off at a ferocious rate. Which made having a vasectomy REALLY HORRIBLE. I did not handle it well at all and came within an inch of relapsing.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that. Yeah I’ve heard that about some of the meds.

Starting again from nothing
because we’ve done it so many times

5 Likes

I would agree with you there. Halluncinating and paranoia which some sufferers go thru - plus the added stigma make schizophrenics strong people.

Ive often said to people that have taken the piss outta me, have my head for 48 hours unmedicated - and then come back to me and probably lie you didnt crap yourself.

3 Likes

Actually I think sz or those with mental illness can have lower pain tolerance. Cuz the illness wears ya down over the years.

3 Likes

It helps me to see the futility of caring about what someone else thinks of you. I’m not perfect at it, but I’ve improved a lot

1 Like

You could strap a headset on me that says random things on repeat throughout the day and I’d handle it a lot better than most people. I’ve had lots and lots and lots of practice!

3 Likes

itd be kinda cool to have a headset with ai in it that i can talk to throughout the day, id never get lonely, i imagine ai would be much more polite than the voices

1 Like

i imagine by the time im an old man, google and siri will be advanced to the point of an interactive virtual assistant

Stress

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.